Interior question

Ok guys, this is both an interior question and a tech question, and I'm trying to feel you out on this.

We're putting the interior in our 1942 Ford fire truck and now we have a question...

Will I lose 10 points for incorrect fasteners if the interior kit came with philps head screws??

I bought the complete interior kit from Labaron & Bonney and the kit came with philips head screws. I can't believe that it is correct, so I thought I'd ask someone who has been judging interiors about it. I have e-mailed Labaron & Bonney and have asked them for clarification on this.

I know Labaron & Bonney have been selling interiors for a long time, but at this point I am now sitting here wondering if I'm wrong and they're right, or if they made a mistake on their end.

Can someone help me out on this??

I'm at work therefore I can't check the manual myself easily. But if the date for phillips head screw is after '42 (which I believe it is) then yes, you'll have the decudtion for them, unless of coarse, you have documention from the manufacturer (Ford) proving they are right.

Hey guys, I'm back.

Everyone all has their favorite stories of "don't do business with them" and now I have mine. I made a post earlier this week about getting the wrong screws in an interior kit purchased by Labaron & Bonney.

Today I opened my mailbox and the correct screws have arrived. I sent them an e-mail, I stated my problem, they didn't question it, but they fixed it and didn't charge me a dime.

Too often people tend to tell the entire world when they have had a bad experience with a vendor. In my case, I feel that it is only right for me to tell everyone on the forum that I had a problem, the company was reputable, and it was fixed in a timely manner with no questions asked.

This is not a company endorsement, but something to think about if you are thinking of ordering an interior kit and/or have a problem.

I got them Friday, I'm up at Fort Drum, and the screws are home. I'll have to check and get back to you. Right off the top of my head, I got the screws, I put them on the floorboard of the truck and all I can tell you right now is that they're not philips head.