55 Olds wiring

WJW

Yeah I don't know what to tell you on this. I have searched hard for a wiring diagram for the '55 with no luck.

I think it may just come down to deductive reasoning with a voltage meter...

I'm in the same situation as you. Let me know if you want to bounce ideas around as far as wire colors and locations. I have a '55 Starfire 98.

Good luck!

-Craig

Buy a factory shop manual off Ebay or a vendor that specializes in antique automotive literature. There are many out there. They run pending condition from $10 to $40. I bought one 2 weeks ago off Ebay for a old Dodge for $9 and it was in excellent condition.

They will assist you in every aspect of servicing these old machines, including the wiring. When something doesn't seem right you have it on hand and hopefully can get back on the road quickly.

Yeah the factory service manual for this car is actually very poor in it's descriptions and diagrams. I have a few additional books for this particular vehicle, but have found none to be helpful as far as wiring specifics.

Thanks for the responses.

-Craig

Hey Craig. The seat's hot lead is a red 14 ga wire. It is tapped off the power window harness as it crosses under the front seat carpet. If you can't find this wire, or if your car did not have a power seat use the red wire terminal on the power window relay (above the driver side kick panel)as the hot lead for your seat. This hot lead connects to the hot or center terminal of the seat switches. Do not use any other source for the hot lead other than the window relay. The motors are high draw items and if you just wire it to some random source you will overheat the ignition switch. if you do not have power windows it is a simple matter to find a relay and wire it per shop manual, but don't forget to also use the window 40A circuit breaker.........Bob.