Thermostat- 13" wings-Engraved-Standard Mfg.

curious

Aha......thanks for your post!!.... The back of the "momometer" does in fact have a fancy crest, in gold, on black, says Standard... The top does screw down into the wings, about 1 1/4 inch..Looks like pot metal to me..Made after 25-26? Jog anymore memories?? RB

Standard was one of several companies that made aftermarket moto-meters for use on any car. The most common of the companies was Boyce, and you will see more reproduction parts for the restoration of these units becuse of the popularity in the teens and 20's. Most of these companies also offered customised faces with everything from car names to fraternal organizations. The wings were to help dress-up the car, and I've seen them as large as yours but the more common size is 8-9". I have an aluminum pair that are around 7" high with the wings up and to the rear. In your picture, the wings look to be nickle plated brass which would be consistent with others I've seen. All of the moto-meters that I've seen have been pot-metal, and I cant think of one that was not.