An invitation ....

Amphicar BUYER

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That should mean a lot to you. Are you going to do it ??? Those cars are really neat. Thanks, Matt </div></div>

You betcha I will! Free storage and more importantly, the opportunity to educate more local people about these cars. I hope it will also help draw more visitors to the museum. There is a "Mystery car" there that has yet to be determined it's maker. It has been there for 40+ years so far. Below is another poor photo of it..

359164-mystery%20car.jpg

John

post-31565-143137885994_thumb.jpg

The crushed one reminds me of an ongoing practical joke between Robert Redford and Paul Newman. Not sure who started it, or what the car was, but one of them had a car crushed like that and delivered to the other. It keeps changing hands back and forth with no warning.

I visited the Forney a few years ago and loved it. What is so neat is that there are some really rare and interesting cars in it, and they're all in the condition in which collectors were finding or restoring them in the early 1960s. No over restorations in there.

That yellow car is one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen, next to the Father Divine Duesenberg. I think it was made up by/for some movie, although I think the placard said some Arabian Prince/King had it built. I don't think so.