looking for a tail light assembly

babybuick

I would like to know if you have a 89 tail light assy 4-sale? Mine has a crack at the top of the red reflector about 6" long. This has alowed moisture to condence inside the taillight section. Also the "clear" lens has turned. I am thinking of cleaning and glueing mine up then blacking it out like one I saw on the "net". I would rather buy a good lens assy if I can aford it. Thank you for being a big part of the Reatta Q&A team.

I decoupled this from the original thread that it was attached to as there are a number of people who have parts that you'd be able to use, and this way they will be more likely to see and respond to your query.

On the subject of your tail light, there are a number of components, and it sounds possible that you are not looking to replace the whole assembly.

The reflectors (reflexes in GM-speak) are seperate items from the tail light assembly and it is very common for them to fill with water, even without cracks.

If your tailight lens is hazed-up it is easily cleaned up with a plastic polish. The best polish IMO is Aeroshell Plexicoat, but you can use other products, even Meguiar's #2 polish and have it looking crystal clear in a matter of minutes.

Guest inthespot

Has anyone tried these polishes on clear lens. I have a 99 Grand Voyager and the headlights are cloudy and you can not get much light out of them. New ones are about $185 each so that is out. Thanks

The mentioned lens, excuse me, complete assembly is supposedly brand new with box(fantastic), I have never had the need for a lens/assy, have no idea or know what they cost other than I do know 400.00 is a lot of money (I stated it was expensive), and I have not seen it, nor do I have any connection with it what so ever...fellow mentioned he wanted a whole unit and a nice one...............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone tried these polishes on clear lens. I have a 99 Grand Voyager and the headlights are cloudy and you can not get much light out of them. New ones are about $185 each so that is out </div></div>

Yeah, the abrasives that work on the tail lights also do wonders for plastic headlights as well.

AeroShell Flight Jacket Plexicoat

Our Price: $12.50(16 oz.)

AeroShell Flight Jacket Plexicoat - 16 oz. - Increases visibility of aircraft windows. Protects Plexiglas and glass surfaces from UV yellowing and clouding. Removes and prevents light scratches. Commercial Aviation Certified. Contains no silicone.

The offical rear tail light cleaner polish for Boeing Aircraft and Buick Reatta.

Great stuff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

AeroShell Flight Jacket Plexicoat

Our Price: $12.50(16 oz.)</div></div> Shelby has got it if you can find it...

The red reflectors are separate from the main lens. The red reflectors are a red front glued to a black backing and most of the time the glue will separate in a spot or two and water will get inside the lens. If, when I take one off one of my parts cars, I find water inside I usually drill an 1/8 inch hole on the back side down low to allow the water to drain out.

I have several Reatta parts cars and have a good reflector available. I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

Ok I have good news and bad. 63viking has offered the assy for $125.00. BUT, I just mailed off for the headlight kit so....... and if you guys read my "engine miss" posts you know I just droped $891 into my motor, soooo...... I gotta wait. I'm gonna see what I can do with some polish, and good 'ol elbow grease. smirk.gif