Pre War Division Approval & Call for Regional Directors

Mark Shaw

I was very pleased to hear that our new division has been unanimously approved by the BCA board at the Batavia NY meet. I look forward to working within the existing BCA chapters to increase membership and participation of prewar Buick owners.

Now we must secure regional directors to help co-ordinate Pre War Division activities. Each regional director will work with the BCA chapters in their area of the country to identify members and non-members with prewar Buicks and encourage them to join in BCA activities.

We already have a candidate from the Yankee Chapter, but we need more regional directors to help us cover the entire US and Canada. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in becoming a regional director.

Thank you,

Mark Shaw

Director

BCA Pre War Division

durcodude@comcast.net

As we have our annual show this August 28th in Vernon, CT and a NE REgional in NJ the end of this month, I will be doing some "recruiting". As I said previously, I think many with the older cars in the Northeast do not use the internet, so I will make sure info gets circulated. Other then the three I had for the initial petition, how do you want to handle membership roster? I will simply pass on to you names of BCA members that want to join. Because t6hey do not use the internet, I visualize that I would write up a brief story to be printed in our Yankee newsletter, and send a copy to others in the NE region to make sure the locals members have an oportunity to join.

John

John,

Since we are an internet based group, our biggest challenge will be to reach those who do not use the internet. Dave Ebert is our membership chairman. He will be glad to email applications that you can print out and hand out at local meets, tours, etc. contact Dave at dle38@comcast.net

Thanks,

Mark Shaw

Vancouver, WA

Joe,

Thanks for your offer. You definately qualify with a 1940 Buick. We are just looking for someone to co-ordinate activities and get the word out to as many prewar Buick owners as we can. If you are a bit of a promoter and are not shy about getting in front of some other car groups, you have it made.

Mark Shaw

Vancouver, WA

• 12 years later...