New User

Jibby

I'm a new user here on the forum(s). I bought a 1990 Buick Reatta over the winter. It's sitting happily in my driveway, under a cover. Happily, because the last guy who owned it never took care of it. He was a total tool! I ask you, how could you not take care of a Reatta? It needs some minor work, but when I'm done, it will be totally restored and will see the road again... on Sundays, mostly. Shame on abusive Reatta owners! Bleh! tongue.gif

Specifications:

1990 Buick Reatta

95,000 Miles (Estimated)

Bright Red/Saddle

Sunroof

Factory CASSETTE Player (In the trunk)

8-Way Power Adjustable Seats (I believe)

Golf ball in the trunk... how strangely refreshing!

I look forward to discussions with you all... or at least some of you.

William Wade

Milford,PA

Guest F14CRAZY

Bright red with saddle. Like about 40% of Reattas, including mine tongue.gif

If the CD player is in the trunk, it's not factory and don't let anyone tell you any different.

Best of luck. We'll help you out. You'll be needing it grin.gif

Thanks, I know I'll be needing the help... I know the Factory Cassette player is in the trunk. If I had a Factory CD player, it'd be in the cubby under the dash. tongue.gif They put an after market CD player in the dash. Let me edit that first posting... done!

I find it funny that out of 51 views... as of right now, only you had the courtesy to say hello to me. Thank you, for that courtesy. And yes, my Reatta is quite un-rare as Reattas go... except for maybe the sunroof. smirk.gif

Guest imported_barra

Hi Jibby,

I'm from Beaver Falls,PA. I've had two 89's and now have a bright red/saddle '88 from Aliquipa,PA. There is a Reatta.net web site that has good information collected from the posts on this site.

Welcome Jibby,

I too, am a new owner and new to this board. My Reatta is:

1990 Driftwood Coup

Saddle interior

no golf ball or tape deck in the trunk, but I did get a complete repair manual, an extra dash display unit and climate control unit as well as the original radio/tape player (doesn't work)

134,000 miles, but in wonderful shape. Previous owners kept in in a garage when not driving it.

Love this car!

The Churchman!

Take heart, Jibby! You are ahead of the curve! So few of the general populous know of the fine piece of automotive art the Reatta is, and luckily for us, there are a plethera of Reattas and parts cars available. They are gaining value as their popularity grows - soon they will become mainstream collectables and they will be priced out of range.

NOW IS A GOOD TIME TO BE A REATTA COLLECTOR.

Especially with guys like the members here to help w/advice and parts trades/sales.

Glad to welcome another new Reatta enthusiast!

We're all ambassadors of the Reatta legacy.

I have (5) coupes, looking at another, and a 1991 convertible.

Always willing to talk Reatta and share stories and parts.

Randy.

manikmekanik, sweet, I still have time to do this before I become one of those guys at Hershey that looks on while a rich German or Japanese guy whips out a roll of thousands and takes away a beauty... wait, I already do that! wink.gif

Easy there Jibby, I didn't realize how rare the Driftwood color was until after I bought it. If it makes you feel any better, I'm probobly going to have to put a new ABS accumulator on it.

As we say down here in the south, "It shore is a purty car" grin.gif

Calming down... hey there's a Reatta on E-bay for like $3,500. Sterling Silver/Slate. Under 60,000 miles. One owner... not too shabby... I think it was in NY. But in any event, I didn't see any bids last time I checked.

Hey, you'd better ask some people here on this forum first, about that ABS Accumulator. GM will probably charge you an arm and a leg... and a soul for that, I know it!

Hi Jibby: Ever thought about a vacation to Melmac? We <span style="font-style: italic">really love</span> cats there.....

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span>

Author of "100 Ways to Wok a Cat" and "Feral Fondues for the Cat Lover."

Jibby: I usually always greet newbies to the site. I suppose I missed your post somehow. I've been here for a number of years and I can tell you that you would be hard pressed to find a group as helpful as those that visit here. Everyone tries to help everyone else. The Reatta is not a "me too" car. That's what I like about it. As far as I know, I'm the only one in my town that owns one. You will enjoy owning this vehicle. If I may offer advise, one purchase you should make off the bat, is to get a shop manual. It is worth it's weight in gold. Welcome aboard!

Guest F14CRAZY

Within the past few days:

Locally, the dealer wanted $186 for a new accumulator.

GMpartsdirect.com was $111 SHIPPED. Takes at least a week but the dealer would have to order it anyway.

Jibby stays away from the planet Melmac most of the time, because of guys like Alf. But when the chance arises, that he must pass near the system, he usually goes in a Star Destroyer... and not one of them little ones, either... the big "Super" Star Destroyer that Vader loans to him on the weekends! cool.gif