1991 Reatta convertible 27k miles

manikmekanik

As the rpoud owner of 5 Reatta coupes, I am pleased to announce my latest acquisition - a 1991 Reatta convertible with 27k miles, black with flame red interior, CD, standard seats, in impeccable condition.

Now it's time for membership in the Reatta division, Though I would prefer a sponsor, hopefully a founding member, like Mike?

I attended my 1st Buick show in Milwaukee last week, hosted by Cream city BCA chapter, and won 3rd place - behind 2 grand nationals! Why are they in a class with a completely different car? They are Regals, why not place them in a Regal class? Reattas should not be compared with a SEDAN!

Does anyone agree?

Randy.

a) classes are determined by entries. If you get enough Reattas to enter, you will get your own class (may need to petition before the event though, YMMV)

B) first time I saw a coven of GNs it was at Dennis Kirban's and looking at the concrete lot filled with black sedans I thought we had stumbled into a federal agency parking lot - they all looked like government issue.

c) my cars never do well in popular choice, found out a long time ago that the public prefers appearance to reality, once lost a popular choice with my v-8 Sunbird (63 produced but nothing that wasn't go-fast) to a chromed v-6. Did look shinier standing still.

As noted, the Reattas will get stuck wherever the show people place them.

If you have enough Reattas, they will get their own class.

Don't forget the BCA Regional to be held on the north side of Chicago at Lincolnshire Il, Aug 17-20. There should be several Reattas there. The weekend of Aug 11-13 there will be a BCA Regional in Indianapolis.

Nancy and I plan on attending both and will probably take the '91 Maui Blue coupe.

With 5 Reattas, it is past time to join the Reatta division. With more members in the Reatta division, we will have more clout when it comes to Buick shows. The Reatta division has been the fastest growing (by percentage of membership) part of the BCA. While we are only about 350 members, whe have had some outstanding showing of Reattas....at the 2003 Flint meet, there were 92 Reattas, pretty good for a Buick that was only built 4 years. And at Plano, there were about 140+ total cars in the show, but we had 15 award winning Reattas. So as you can see, the Reattas represented 10% of the cars at Plano.

What is the vin on your new '91 convertible...for the database.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does this mean I don't get to be a "go to" guy? </div></div>

No, you're the "go to <span style="font-style: italic">dude</span>." Think the late, great Patsy Cline sang about you.... crazy.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span>

Thank you for your reply. I would love to attend the Flint, MI meet, can you send me details?

On e-bay yesterday, I saw, (and bid on), Tom Payette's 1990 select 60. What a beautiful example of automotive artistry!

I also bid on the Maui 1990 ragtop in NM, it has some minor issues, (cd, tape and 16-way switch), but low enough miles to make it worthy. It has a trailer hitch, nice add-on, great for a jet ski or touring (small) trailer.

I would like to locate an original Indy pace car Reatta, maybe we'll go to Indy this weekend to look for one. Probably more likely to find one there than on a small island or some mountaintop!

Randy.

My understanding ties to the '57 chevy models.

coupe/hardtop had no door post

sedan had a door post

I say if it has a post, or a frame around window (door-mounted post) then it's a sedan.

only coupes and convertibles have exposed glass edges when the door is open.

Am I wrong? Or just ignorant.

Rndy.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Barney!

I dug out some of my titles once I noticed you needed some of these numbers to better fill your database.

Some of the new titles I've recieved from WI don't state the color, so I'll update colors and mileage later, but here's a start.

1991 Reatta convertible, CD, black/flame red interior, bought 5/05 thru eBay with 27,345 miles. Original owner was Dallas, TX ex-mayor, who lived in CA.

2nd owner had it for nearly 3 years, said he only drove it @ 300 miles, bought it to make money on his retirement savings, netted a cool $650. I am the 3rd, (and last) owner. Needs owner's manual set, driver's mirror housing.

VIN # 1G4EC33L8MB900445

1991 Reatta coupe, CD, 16-way seats, Black/tan interior, Bought 6/05 thru eBay with 94K miles. Original owner puschased in Racine, WI my birthplace, title showed 73 miles, lives on Wind Point, Lake Michigan, WI across the street from FLLW's "Wingspread" owned by johnson wax foundation. Impeccable condition, with new tires added for the sale! Needs 2 wheel centers, ashtray and owner's manual. One minor dent from fuel door being opened too far.

VIN # 1G4EC13L6MB900237

1990 Reatta convertible, Red/tan top & interior, located in Dallas, TX Seller states "A student needing a high mileage car" I think seller means economical, not worn-out. needs a CD player, in my opinion. I'll add more info when I recieve the car.

VIN # 1G4EC33C7LB903769

1989 Reatta coupe, Silver/grey, Bought this spring out of storage where the rear glass was broken completely out, just before it was to get scrapped! I'll add more info tomorrow when I can go out to the back acres to look again. needs front & rear glass, interior freshening and keys made, owner lost them previous to my purchase. The glass will be installed this weekend from my blue parts car. Have to add a battery to check mileage.

VIN # 1G4EC11C4KB904867

1989 Reatta coupe, Claret/tan interior, bought last summer on it's way into a junkyard, actually only 50 feet from the "gate of no return" and drove it 20 miles to get home. It needed a crank pulley/trigger wheel. Back acres again, needs center armrest

I'll add more later.

VIN # 1G4EC11C2KB906892

1989 Reatta coupe, Steel blue/blue interior, Back acres parts car, rust in rear fenders, otherwise good #3 condition, bought last summer on salvage ticket-no title. I'll get the VIN # tomorrow.

VIN # ?

1988 Reatta coupe, Black/tan w/suede interior, bought from an old friend who gave up on restoration. Needs a good going over to diagnose, but so far found torn suede on outboard side of driver seat, small hood nose dents, driver window regulator repair and left headlamp door drive fix. got this one in trade for a 1991 Volvo 740 GL last spring. It will end up as a custom job, already added a 1979 camaro/firebird teardrop hood scoop which fits the car beautifully.

VIN # 1G4EC11C9JB901106

1988 Reatta coupe, white/maroon interior, Our 1st reatta! bought from donated vehicles auction september 2003. I'll check mileage tomorrow. This is the one which KILLED a 160/180 pound whitetail buck (DEER!!!) the only damage suffered was pass. headlamp assy.-GONE, pass. fender-75% GONE, small curl in pass. side of hood. REATTA - 1, DEER - 0. The blue parts car will either replace or barter for these parts in white. Otherwise #3 good condition.

VIN # 1G4EC11CXJB904449

I'LL PHOTO ALL EQUIPMENT TAGS AND SEND A PM LATER

Wow, I guess that makes 8! and I have'nt sold any..........yet.

Reatta re-counting Randy.