1966 Wildcat UPC codes and prices

caGSxlr8

Does anyone have a list of 1966 UPC option codes and possibly prices? I have some sales codes but I am looking for the UPC's. Mainly the big cars, Wildcat, Riv, Electra are what I am interested in.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Mike Trom

Guest imported_Thriller

Hi Mike. I'm not sure I know what you mean by UPC codes...are you referring to the codes on the firewall data plate and their corresponding options? I have at least some of that information for my Wildcat. I also have material that would give me an entire list of options (sales info), but I'm not sure prices would be in that. <span style="font-style: italic">Standard Catalog of Buick</span> lists the following convenience options for 1966:

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]PS $121, std on 48000 + 49487 [*]PB $42, std as above [*]PW $105 [*]4-way / 6-way power seat controls $69/$95 [*]AC $421 [*]AM radio $88 [*]AM/FM $175 [*]7 position tilt steering $42 [*]Remote control outside rearview mirror $7 [*]Tinted glass $42 [*]Tinted ws only $28 [*]Four-note horn $16 [*]Automatic trunk release $13 [*]Electro cruise $56-$63 [*]Cornering lights (full size only) $34 [*]Simulated wire wheelcovers $58 [*]Five spoke chromed wheels $89 [*]Heater/Defroster deletion - $96 credit [*]Luggage rack for Sport Wagons (no price given)

There is a note that the prices are typical and may have varied.

I hope this gets you started...I'll spend some time digging later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Five spoke chromed wheels $89 </div></div>

Wow! you can just about ship one today for that price.

JD

Thanks Derek,

The UPC codes are the three digit codes that represent the options. Sales codes are two digit codes with the first usually being a letter (not always).

I am mainly looking for the UPC codes for the following options:

X1 - Custom Steering Wheel

and the UPC for Bucket seats.

I would love to get a list of all '66 Big car option UPC codes.

Thanks,

Mike

Guest 70 Electra

Do you mean "RPO" codes (Regular Production Option)? These are the familiar option codes you find on a window sticker or order form. Examples are N33 for tilt steering wheel, G80 for positraction, and J50 for power brakes.

GM has a "UPC" system but it is internal and refers to categories of parts (e.g. all water pumps fall within UPC 6K2)....kinda similar to the Group No. system used in the parts books.

There are also ordering codes that come right off the original order forms. Things such as D6 for rear seat speaker, I6 for AC, etc. For these codes, RPO codes, and original pricing,I'd suggest contacting the Sloan Research Center. They have a website and a handy email form for inquiries.

Thanks Roberta, that would be great.... I have the codes for the "A" body cars but there are options that are only available on big cars that I do not have the UPC codes for. Most of the codes like bucket seats use the same UPC for many years but I just like to be 100% sure.

Have you made your reservations for Batavia yet?

Greg,

I think RPO may be a more modern term. The three digit codes used back in the '60's and eary '70's were called UPC codes and they are listed as such in most assembly manuals. The two digit codes shown on the wholesale order forms are the Sales Codes, usually a letter followed by a single number, but not always.

Thanks,

Mike

Guest 70 Electra

Mike,

Sounds like Roberta's got what you need!

Thanks for the clarification on the Buick terminology. Guess I'm letting my Chevrolet roots show blush.gif, since the Chevrolet organization--including all sales and engr literature--uses the term "RPO" for those codes going back at least to the mid-1950s. (Even though the letter + 2 number combos, like N33, K30, didn't start being used until the early sixties....before this Chevrolet used 3-digit numbers for RPOs.)

Greg,

It is strange how one division would use RPO and the other UPC... I just looked at my '65 Buick factory info and it lists the 3 digit codes as UPC..Strange..

Ted,

I have been in contact with Sloan many times, they know be by name now grin.gif

Drop me an e-mail at mrtromm@yahoo.com to go over the info for a reproduction window sticker for your Wildcat.

Thanks,

Mike