Best leather and dash cleaner on the market?

kleino

I have been using Armour All on my leather seats-the low lustre kind. Is there anything out there better or can you recommend something to preserve? Also, what is best for dash? Any carpet cleaner you can recommend is also helpful. Thanks again, Sandy in Ohio

Guest F14CRAZY

We've used Mcguiars Gold Class on our Reatta leather and I think it makes a difference (stuff actually has aloe in it)

Guest kc-griz

On all leather, I use an aerosol spray product called The Tannery on all the interior leather and vinyl surfaces. http://www.adamleathers.com/tanprot6ozca.html It's specifically made for leather and vinyl. Use no animal fat based products like mink oil or saddle soap. The tanning process removes the fat from the leather, those put it back in. Sure, it makes the leather soft, but it won't last as long either.

Thanks for the info. I am real close to Cedar Point but have not been there since kids were smaller. They are now 25 and 28. Isn't that how it always is when you live close to something. Still like the roller coasters there though even at age of 53-a woman telling her age. What does that mean?

This seems to be one of those questions that everyone has an answer and most don't match.

I believe vinyl and leather must be treated differently. I have used ArmorAll and other similar products. I may be a skeptic but I sometimes think they are all made in the same vat and put into different bottles with different labels.

The leather on Reattas (and other American made leather seats) is painted. This makes treating the leather difficult, it must get through the paint.

I have experimented and cannot say that I am thrilled with any product.

Heating the treatment seems to get it into the leather better and faster but you must use caution not to overheat, evaporating some of the active ingredianc etc.

You may think it is goofy, but I experiment on my leather work gloves. I treat the right glove with one brand and the left with another and mark the inside with the name of the product. Bottom line, the product doesn't seem to matter as long as you treat them with something.

On the gloves, Leather Therapy (purchased at a tack shop) works well on natural leather (no color or paint) For the car seats Lexol is good and reasonable priced.

Guest imported_barra

A Saturn parts' manager suggested windex for the dash simply because it doesn't shine. Also a lint free rag or even terry cloth towel are good applicators. Hardware stores sell something called "rug doctor" that is usefull on carpet. A small steam cleaner can also be effective on really ground in dirt but, as all advertisements say, check it out on some small portion before using it. Good rubber or vinyl floormats that have a gripper pattern on the back can minimize the amount of cleaning necessary but stuff still gathers "around the edge". Good luck.

Guest F14CRAZY

I used to use Spot Shot on stained floor mats when I would first get used cars, but I said F dat...

The best solution to getting dirt/stains out of cloth mats is to lay them on cement, pour 1/4-1/3 of a bottle of dish soap on them, and spray the heck out of them with a 2200 PSI power washer or so until there are no more suds. It's going to pull everything out of it. Never had any loss of cloth though. Then go dry them out with an air compressor of 90 PSI or greater. You'll probably still feel sand/dirt being blown out of it.

Well I did this until I just bought rubber floor mats which make everything better (especially with rain or snow)

Guest F14CRAZY

I was inspired to do this process by my dad's buddy that has a collision repair shop. He said he'd take out the seats, the carpet and most everything else and power wash it down shocked.gif

Guest EDBSO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Still like the roller coasters there though even at age of 53-a woman telling her age. What does that mean? </div></div>

Let me know when you figure it out, I still love and ride the coasters, Robert (age a young 54)

Guest F14CRAZY

Too bad my allergies were really bad and my eyes kept tearing up the day I rode that. And the wait for it is WAY too long. They ought to build a couple more of them