1955 Buick Century Brakes

ThomasBorchers

Hello you all.<P>I got the Buick standard Master Cylinder on Ebay ! <BR>Today I was under the car and : There is already the bracket for the master cylinder and even the hole in the floor where I can refill the master cylinder. Great !<P>The only question I have is how it works with the push rod for the standard cylinder. I attached a photo where you can see the old push rod for the power brake. As you can see is the old rod on the left site to the standard master cylinder. <BR>My question is now, how do I have to connect the push rod to the standard master cylinder? It seems that there are some parts missing? By the way the push rod you can see here is a one which is made from 2 or 3 rods. <P>Thanks for your help.<P>It is time to take Betsy (the Buick) on the road again.<P>Tom<P> 1955%20master%20cylinder.JPG

Hi Tom,<BR> Maybe you have solved your problem, but here is somethings I looked through my factory books and see the power set up,it defintely appears when you go to the standard set up you need a different linkage. i don't have any direct picture of 55 but I think you need to have the linkage comming directly from the pedal to the cylinder which may be offset or possibly there is a different pedal for the power vs. standard brakes, some thought any how

Thomas - <P>One other thing - note there is a hole in the firewall approximately 6 inches below the steering column for the standard brake pedal rod to go through and attach to the clevis rod - the grommet on the clevis seals that up when the pedal is retracted. There are no holes inthe floorboard for the standard brakes. <P>Have fun!<p>[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: KAD36 ]

Hi Tom<BR>I checked my cars and it seems that power and manual brakes are completely different. I do have a parts car with manual brakes, but it may take me a few weeks to remove. If you are in a hurry try Ken at Wheatbelt in Oklahoma (580-855-2449). You need everything from the petal to the master cylinder and the pipe from the master cylinder to the distribution manifold where the brake light switch is located. E-mail me for specifics (in my profile)<BR>Willie