something cheerful!

56Roadmaster

Hey fellas,<BR> Thought I'd share this happy hour, while far from done, I did (thanks Bill Stoneberg) finally get the right power brake overhaul kit for my 56 Roadmaster HDTP. This is GM part #5455147 for any one interested. And the result was that I was able to cruise around the yard (on two carb fill-ups, no tank or nose on it yet) with open headpipes at 5mph,(so I didn't fall off the custom Buick milkcrate seat or hit an obstacle such as large immoveable things like oak trees) none the less it was a lot of fun and a spur on the project ye-haw!! for Buicks............. grin.gif" border="0 Scott

Thanks for sharing your happy experiences. <BR>Everytime a freshy-rebuilt engine is fired-up, or a car is driven for the first time after a restoration, it is a very memorable experience!!<BR>Pulling a car out of the garage after a long winter hibernation can be as exciting! <P>AK Buickman.............

Congradulations Scott, Although far from done I know how I felt when after 11 years of setting I got my 56 Century running wiht lots of smoke. With trepidation I put it in gear and gently applied pressure to the foot feed, and it moved!!! Sluggish I must say<BR>but I drove it around the storage area. Its a great feeling. So again congradulations Scott. <BR>Loren 56 Buick Century

Scott,<BR>I share your excitement! I've owned my '56 Special 4DHT since 1986, but it's still a special moment each spring when we fire up "Baby" for the first time and take her for a spin down to the gas station and around the neighborhood. Sliding behind that big steering wheel, seeing all that chrome on the dash, and listening to that 322 purr is the best spring tonic I've ever found.<BR>Enjoy that '56, and congrats!!<BR>Bob Leets grin.gif" border="0

Scott,<P>Here's a tip to give you a little more 'range' on your car while you work on it. <P>While working on a '54 Chrysler New Yorker with a bad gas tank a few years ago, I ran a fuel hose from the pump to a 2.5 gallon can I sat between the radiator and the front grill. There was plenty of room, and there was also a 'floor' between the radiator and the grill, so it sat there just fine. This gave me a range of about 15-25 miles to move the car, get it to the shop or test my latest handywork. By the way, make sure you secure the fuel line so it won't get into the fan or fan belts while you drive it!<P>Good luck!<P>Joe

Thanks for the encouraging reply's, Hope fully by the middle of summer I will have all the welding work done. I am currently doind a brutal semester in pursuit of engineering degree (a little late in life). So except for things taking short time to do Ol' Buick has to collect some dust during the semester.<BR> I have decided to make the door skin and going to take pictures of that process, have already made most stuff, rockers, inner rockers inner/outer lower quarters, even put in the renforcing ribs looks factory exact, only its hard to get my former to go one way as the throat depth is limited. Hope fully have some pictures comming end of May.<BR> Thanks again Scott

Hi,<BR> Great times cruising around the yard on a milk crate till you accidently hit the gas and flip into the back seat area, heading, for say, a stone wall, your brick barbeque or your mother-in-law or something! <BR> Jim wink.gif" border="0