1908(?) L' Autovox air horn

The horn's got the right clip-held bezel but is lacking the screen which was soldered to the aforementioned bezel.

Pretty damn complete even without the tube and bulb.

Find someone to put it on Ebay and I'll eat my chapeau if it doesn't go for at least 450-600 US dollars.

Anyone out there agree? Bob, Chris, Larry? laugh.giflaugh.gif

Hi again:

Forgot to mention the first time that the horn still works perfectly - that is when I blow into the bottom end, the right sort of PPPAAAAAAARRRRPPPP comes out the top. smile.gif

And you did see the small dents in the bottom? frown.gif

All the best

Gerald

Hi Steve & Carleton

There have been a couple of mails, but (with one exception) they don't give locations. Nor do they make price offers - believe me, this enquiring mind would like to know as well.

I am not a dealer and it practically impossible for me to determine a fair price. I could walk around the antique shops here in Cape Town and maybe get 1000 Rands ($150) for it, probably from guys doing marine and musical brassware, but that is not where the horn belongs.

Why do I have this dream that there is a car out there that needs this horn - rather this than screwed to a bar counter. smile.gif

All the best

Gerald

Exactly my point Bob.

Gerald, put it up on ebay and let the market decide,it's a very rare and valuable item even though it seems somewhat beat.

There are plenty of people who will try to lowball you or bluff you into giving them a favorable price so they can make good on it, don't listen to them.

If you need advice on how to describe it in an ad Bob and I have much experience with ebay and would be glad to help you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 14 years later...

HI I AM IN THE UK AND I HAVE THE DRIVE MOTOR FOR THE EARLY BRASS CAR HORN MADE BY L'AUTOVOX.

IT IS BELT DRIVEN OFF THE ENGINE AND WHEN A BUTTON IS P-RESSED IT ALLOWS AIR TO TRAVEL TO THE HORN THUS NOT NEEDING THE BULB ON THE END OF THE HORN.

SO IF YOU GET A BUYER FOR YOUR HORN BE SURE TO TELL THEM ABOUT ME.

THANKS BOB