GS Nationals - May 18 thru 22, 2004

I agree it is a real ball, but RL has continued to raise prices and skimp on track maintenance to the point where I go to watch, and visit ! the Norwalk event is drawing more of the good cars, and unless RL is careful, he will have nothing left but a few black cars. Many of the big vendors don't go anymore because of the way they were treated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Haven't tried Norwalk yet, and that would actually be closer. </div></div>

By all means, give Norwalk a try! I couldn't make it this year, so some little things may have changed, but things I liked about Norwalk:

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Run by 2 EXTREMELY nice people that care about people enjoying themselves at the event [*]One of those people is a BCA past President[*]Track is way nicer / newer and up to standards to run top fuel cars[*]Track is well prepped (I'm told by friends, I haven't run it myself)[*]1 lb of Ice Cream for $1 (last I was there it was)[*]Rest of track food is good, and lower than typical track prices[*]Pits and vendors are closeby, where you NEED them to be[*]Night of fire is worth staying for after our event ends[*]Yes, closer to home

Cons: Well, being run by a girl, I mean, c'mon...how much fun is that going to be? Whoa!! Who was that in the GS racecar that just blew my doors off? That was her?!? Oh...nevermind. tongue.gif LOL

Really, Roberta and Bill put on a first class event, and we've been proud to be a part of it in the past. Now if we can just get the event to quit conflicting with our yearly convention in Columbus...I'd be way happier. grin.gif

Roberta and Bill,

Thanks for all the good times we've had at Norwalk in the past. We had a great time!!