90 Reatta Parts Car (Red/Grey)

Ive still got my car with plenty of parts left. The brakes have been sold, the front setup atleast, I still have the rear crossdrilled rotors in great condition which I well sell. I have both sets of rims, my stock rims and my 17 aftermarket rims. Ive got an aftermarket spoiler on the car. Interior is in great shapes, small wear spot on the drivers side seat and the passenger is in great condition for being 14 years old. Email me at XvSlim@aol.com with whatever parts you are interested and I will get back to you. My FTP went down so Im looking for another place to host my photos.

And for those who are wondering, my new playtoy is a 1998 BMW Z3 which is tons of fun to drive. I do miss the buick though, and hopefully you guys can jump in on the parts before I run it to ebay. Just email me with what you want.

• 2 months later...
Guest Greg Ross

I purchased the front brake parts from this young gentleman months ago, set the money and "No Goods"

Gave up waiting and did the brake work that was pending any way and informed Dustin I could wait no longer for him-took my money I guess and went on a Florida Vacation.

Several weeks later he confirmed he would refund my money, that was May and now it's July. As a matter of interest has he ripped anyone else off here, who did buy the brakes he was selling, he had been taking bids and I assume he moved on to the next bidder in line, did you get what you paid for?

First time I've been ripped off on Line, Think I'll take a drive to Irmo, SC just on principal! mad.gif

Serious implications. 90Red Reatta...I think you need to respond in the Forum

to either defend yourself or beg forgiveness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I purchased the front brake parts from this young gentleman months ago, set the money and "No Goods"

Gave up waiting and did the brake work that was pending any way and informed Dustin I could wait no longer for him-took my money I guess and went on a Florida Vacation.

Several weeks later he confirmed he would refund my money, that was May and now it's July. As a matter of interest has he ripped anyone else off here, who did buy the brakes he was selling, he had been taking bids and I assume he moved on to the next bidder in line, did you get what you paid for?

First time I've been ripped off on Line, Think I'll take a drive to Irmo, SC just on principal! mad.gif </div></div>

Guest Greg Ross

Yes, where is 90RedReatta!

He bought a BMW Z3 after crashing the Reatta. Started offering Parts off the Reatta here and direct solicitation to me at least about the oversized front brakes he had.

Here's most of the Message History copied from my Hotmail;

March 23

These parts were new. I bought the calipers directly from GM brand spanking new.

Rotors were new all the way around. All the mounting hardware on the front is

new. The brake upgrade itself has only 3-4k miles on it.

The kit comes with the following:

Front Rotors - 12" Crossdrilled

Rear Rotors - Stock Size 10" Crossdrilled

Front Calipers

Front Caliper Bracket

Front Caliper Pins

All Mounting Hardware

Note that in order for this to work, you will have to make the front mounting

hole on the reatta larger, thus not allowing for you to revert. You will also

need larger wheels. I havent tried a set of 16's again the brakes, but my 17's

have plenty of space. If you are still interested, email me back and we can talk

price.

Dustin

March 24

This is the deal, currently, I have 6 emails sitting in my mailbox with people who are interested in the brakes. This is the deal, there are 4 of you who I would prefer to have it. You, padgett, EDBSO, and Hal. I have heard from 3 of you 4. So basically, make me an offer, keeping in mind you will need to pay shipping on these brakes. Once I get initial offers, I will let you guys know where it stands and give chances to bid it out, but with you guys, I will sway a little lower on price, unless someone else drops a great deal on it, but like I said, I would prefer to sell it to you guys.

Dustin

March 24

Dustin,

Based on local Dealer pricing here, less what discount I assume you got at purchase, less discount for slightly "Used" less my currency coversion I will offer you $400. plus Shipping cost.

Let me know,

Regards,

Greg

March 25 (alarm bells should have gone off)

Greg,

Currently you are the highest bidder, but since the brakes are a hot item (10

inquiries so far, only 4 offers) Im gonna hold it open for a while. So go to do

your work and dont worry about you losing, out I will hold them till you return

and give you an update then. I wont do you wrong.

Dustin

I followed up obviously;

April 6 (alarm bell should definitely been going off in retrospect)

Greg,

Honestly havent worked on the reatta parting out since I got the new car, 1998

BMW Z3! Soooo much fun. Im gonna gather up the emails and offers and send out

another email with the current highest bid and see what comes from that. Gimme a

few days to get it together. Thanks for hte patience

Dustin

April 12 in reply to my follow-up

I swore I sent an email to you this week. Anyway, I will sell you the front

setup for 400, and toss in the rear set of rotors, both for 100 more. So, thats

500 for a full front set and rear rotors, which I paid close to 900 for. But

yea, Im definately selling them to you. I got an offer for 500 but it was some

guy I didnt know, and I would rather contribute to the fastest and best reatta

out there IMO. So let me know if you are interested in the whole thing for 500

or just the fronts for 400.

Confirmed $400 for the Front Set-up

Dustin

April 22

Sorry, had a death in the family over the weekend, so Ive been out of town. I do not have a paypal account. Ive begun stripping the car down and have the front brakes off the car. We just need to sort out payment and shipping. 400 was the agreed price with you paying for shipping. So lets figure out payment and then we can go from there. Sorry about the delay, been a hectic few days.

Dustin

April 24

accepted my offer

Dustin Pike

237 Chapelwhite Rd

Irmo, SC 29063

Whats your fedex account #?

May 6 Think this is where he's getting ready to frig off for the Florida Vacation

Greg

Did you send the money order? I have set to recieve it and I got the brakes

ready to go. Just wanted an update. Thanks

Dustin

May 13 (from Florida now!)

Hello From Florida!

Word is the money order got in the day I left for Florida. Talk about great

timing huh? So if you can wait, Im gonna just ship them on the 20th if that is

okay? If not, I can try to instruct my roommate to do it for me. Whatever works

for you. Just let me know. Thanks for being patient.

Dustin

May 14 (told him to Air Freight his cost or Cancel)

Well if that is the attitude, I will just have my roommate ship them for me. Its

not my fault the money order wasnt recieved until almost 2 weeks after it was

sent. I will have my roommate ship the breaks ASAP.

May 15

Excuses are just that!... Please refund me my money immediately, I have immediate brake work to do now and I can no longer mess around with your schedule.

May 22 (Alarm bells are going off and he has the Money!)

Sorry for the delay, my mother was on the way to pick me up on the 19th from the

airport and was T-Boned by an SUV. So Ive spend the past few days at the

hospital, and she finally gets to come home today. So monday I will have it

shipped out to you. Again, sorry for the delay, just seems life throws me a lot

of curveballs these days.

Dustin

May 26

Sorry about the delay, lots of things happening all to fast, and its swamping

me. Ive seem to lost your account info, so if you could get that to me I will

ship the brakes. Im gonna pickup the cost of the 2day shipping. Again, Im sorry

about the delay, just too much bad [@!#!$] going down all at once.

Again, my appologies

Dustin

May 26

10 Days ago I told you to return my money, my Reatta in the meantime is for sale. I'll be sure to tell the new Owner you have a brake upgrade kit for sale. And I will refrain from negative comment on the Reatta Discussion Board when you go promoting your Parts Car.

For my refund, my mailing address is:

Greg Ross

#1043 South....

May 26 afterthought

ps And as an afterthought, I had told you a month and a half ago I was ready to do brake work, I gave up waiting and have already done the work.

May 27

Never got the email saying you wanted your money returned. But I will go ahead and get everything back from Fed-Ex that I had dropped today. I had found your account number. So let me get that back and then I will get your money together and send it back.

And just so you know, Im normally a little better with [@!#!$] like this. I had expected your money to be there before I went on vacation and then afterwards my mother got hit by a car coming to get me from the airport and was in the hospital for a few days. Its not like I just took my time shipping the [@!#!$], I just had a lot of bad stuff go down. Sorry

Dustin

June 17 (the final word so far!)

Dustin,

Three weeks now, I would appreciate the refund.

Have heard absolutely nothing further. This is the Gent who was going to S/C 5-Spd. his Reatta. Twice, no once, but twice I got data together for him detailing the Full Meal Deal on the conversion work. This is the thanks you get I guess-one of those situations where your faith in Human Nature is tested!

Anybody on this Discussion Board know this guy?

Guest EDBS0

Wow, I had an interest in them but was "outbid".

Money Order, Mail; sounds like Postal Fraud to me and I WOULD COMPLAIN to the US Post Office, Solicitor General and local cops.

So whats the deal? still missing with Greg's money?

I would like to have the rear brakes, might even be brave enough to send you money if you make good with Greg.

I got a deal, send me the rear brakes (and any other reatta part or anything else of value) and then I'll send the money.......... wink.gif

AS A RETIRED COP I CAN TELL YOU THAT THIS CLOWN IS COMMITING A CRIME THAT THE FBI HERE IN PITTSBURGH INVESTIGATES ON A REGULAR BASIS.THEY HAVE A COMPUTER CRIME SECTION THAT DEALS WITH THIS SORT OF CRIME AND PEOPLE ARE INDICTED AND ARRESTED AND TRIED ON A REGULAR BASIS.ONE THING YOU WILL NEED IN ADDITION TO THE PURCHASERS COPY OF THE MONEY ORDER IS ALL THE E MAILS YOU SENT THIS GUY.I WOULD CONTACT MY LOCAL FBI OFFICE AS A STARTER...........PAT

Guest Greg Ross

To update the Forum;

Spoke with Dustins Stepfather last Friday and he claimed to be aware of the funds owing. Indicated there were several larger item on eBay closing out at that time and not to be concerned, my money would be refunded. I am from Canada so going the legal route gets just a bit complicated.

And thanks to a fellow Forum member here for the good guideance. We shall see soon enough if Mr. Allen Brownlee is a man of his word.

GREG;

WENT OUT TO DINNER TONIGHT WITH A RETIRED FBI AGENT FRIEND OF MINE AND WE BELIEVE THAT THE CRIME WAS COMMITED HERE IN THE US AS HE ADVERTISED ON THE FORUM FROM HIS HOME IN CAROLINA ,THEREFORE THE FBI WOULD HAVE JURISDICTION.THEY USED TO HAVE BILLBOARDS AROUND HERE THAT WENT SOMETHING LIKE COMMIT CRIMES AND MEET NEW FRIENDS.THE PICTURE WAS OF A PERSON IN A JAIL CELL.MAYBE HE'S LONELY................PAT

• 4 months later...
Guest Greg Ross

I am (somewhat) upset. Here I am after about 7 months and no satisfaction, and no funds returned.

Communicated with both Dustin and his Step-father this Fall to assurances I would receive all my money back. To date nothing, guess I'll give them a weeks' opportunity in writing and then proceed to file an FBI fraud complaint. This is really upsetting, first and only time I've been ripped off for an Internet Purchase, and to think of all the encouragement and advise we (collectively) gave this young scally-wag!

Anybody else care to express their dissatisfaction, write Dustin at XvSlim@aol.com

I provide this information only for the benifit of anyone else on this Board who might have been fleezed by young Dustin!

I was going to post a phone number but thought it might not be deemed ethical. If anyone else might need that information just send me a "Private message"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was going to post a phone number but thought it might not be deemed ethical. If anyone else might need that information just send me a "Private message" </div></div>

You are right in not posting the number <span style="font-style: italic">unless</span> you disguise the number with an * for each number 1. Then it would be OK...for example 1-555-1212 would be *-555-*2*2.

<span style="font-weight: bold">PS YOU HAVE TO POST IN THE SAME POST "THAT *=1". Got it?</span>

Guest Greg Ross

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> PS YOU HAVE TO POST IN THE SAME POST "THAT *=1". Got it? </div></div>

On that basis then;

*-803-749-*437

Would that be correct?

Guest Greg Ross

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [color:\\"red\\"] <span style="font-weight: bold">Exactly!</span> </div></div>