Has Anyone Else On Forum Got This Email ???

Filobedo

Hi there. First, don't worry. You're not on any list that I know of. I found

your email address at an Oldsmobile site and thought I'd ask for some

advice.. If you don't reply to this email, you'll never see another email from

me again.

Anyways. I've got a forum up and running for all Oldsmobile owners and

enthusiasts - and I'm wondering if there's anything you'd like to suggest in

order to make it work out well. It's unfortunate that Oldsmobile isn't making

automobiles anymore - but there's going to be many, many Oldsmobile

owners for decades to come. I think it's important for people to have a

great, informative and friendly resource to help them with things in the

future...

Like I said, if you don't want to help out, just don't reply to this email. I

know time is very hard to come by so I understand.. You're not on a list

and I'm not saving your email address in my contacts...

Sincerely,

Sal Collaziano

http://www.oldsmobileforums.com/forums/

a) yes

B) odd but seems legit:

E-mail: Received: from ool-44c3ba7a.dyn.optonline.net

Whois:

Registrant:

oldsmobileforums.com

211 South 4th Street

Lindenhurst, New York 11757

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com

Domain Name: OLDSMOBILEFORUMS.COM

Created on: 02-Oct-03

Expires on: 02-Oct-04

Last Updated on: 17-Nov-03

Administrative Contact:

Collaziano, Sal claziano@optonline.net

oldsmobileforums.com

211 South 4th Street

Lindenhurst, New York 11757

United States

Guest Greg Ross

Yes, got the same spam message. Seems e is trying to drum up some activity on an otherwise DED Site. Give him credit for trying I guess!

Padgett, I got the same e-mail. I told him how to post on the Olds forum and copied to Steve Moskowitz. The guy mailed back to me a couple of times. I told him about our profanity rules, but also said he was welcome. His site is so new, he needs a little traffic I guess. Haven't a clue where he got my address from. Wayne Burgess

Guest wally888

Visited the site. I'm Bored, waiting on parts and the yard to grow. Will never be the Reatta Forum but the olds 88 and Hudson Hornet were great cars in their time.

Thought I'd bore them w/ my story of converting an Olds 76 ragtop to an Olds 88 back when you didn't need a VOM for much (1951). Or

I could tell everyone not to believe the local greenskeeper if he advises using Roundup on your lawn in winter!

Old age seems to bring on , when you complete one job, you've created 3 more!

Hey all. Like I said, don't worry - you're not on any spam list. I actually browsed the web fanatically looking for Oldsmobile enthusiasts to gather ideas and information for an all-Oldsmobile site.. I probably sent out about 50 emails or so looking for any advice on what Oldsmobile owners are looking for in a website dedicated to ALL models - old and new..

Yes, I do frequent clublexus.com.. In fact, I've got a membership on atleast 25 automotive sites like camaroz28.com, corvetteforum.com, fordforums.com, the old gmforums.com - etcetera.. I'm an automotive enthusiast who's interested in just about ALL makes and models. I love cars... smile.gif

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my email...

Sincerely,

Sal Collaziano

Guest Greg Ross

Sa,

Welcome,

You will find many devoted enthusiasts here and an excellent depth of resource on a rather unique automobile. We share with the Olds Trofeo many features (e-Body) and Olsmobile one-upped us, they put a color Touch creen in their E-Body!

I believe two things primarily attract participants here.

1) Unique complex feeatures that folks generally have difficulty getting service for, ie; electronics-BCM, ECM and associated trouble shooting, and

2) Body Unique Parts common only to Reatta.

It is possibly a grave mistake on your part getting involved in this Discussion Board, 6 months from now you will probably be driving a Reatta!

Have Fun and come back often. grin.gif

Notice the only car in my "stable" w/o a Buick engine is the 'Vous with a 3400.

SUV itself is ok, but as for the engine, what a piece of "fill-in-the-blank"!

With 44,000mi, I have a tap. 185hp for move a 4200lb? vehicle. Ick!

...Chevy engine.....'nuf said.

The only other car I ever owned w/o a Buick engine was a 1976 Skylark (Nova-style) with a 260ci Olds V8....yes....a 260ci V8. The head ports were so small, the little critter couldn't get out of its own way. and it was a light car ...Should have gotten a 3.8 (then, odd-fire)? Buick V6 in it.

Bring back the 455 and long live the 3800!

As a side... on an already off-topic thread, I just found a photo online of the Buick 1910 "Bug" (Indy-car) with a 622ci 4-cylinder. No, that's not a misprint.

Its about a 10250 (compared to a 3800) or a 10.25 liter (compared to a 3.8 liter) but with only 4 cylinders!!! Can you say, "coffee can-sized cylinder bores?" Also, its interesting to note that Louis Chevrolet raced Buicks before they started Chevy.

Also, I have a photo at home of a 1970 twin-turbo Olds 455 (factory prototype). The plaque under it read, "If the competition really gets serious".

Ok, back to Reattas....