Vintage Buicks on the Highway Last Night

Around here(Atlanta) I do not see many 60s GM cars other than Chevrolets. frown.gif" border="0 Beatifully written narrative, though. I always wanted a 59- 61 Invicta 4 door hardtop.

My wife, kids and I drove about twenty-five miles into Seattle last night for an annual family Christmas event. The "old Buick" radar was switched on and functioning properly. As we motored south on Interstate 5, we soon met a nice gold '66 LeSabre 4-door hardtop. Hmmm . . . that was a surprise; I had never seen that one before.<P>We pulled off the freeway for a brief visit with an elderly relative, and, as we merged back onto the Interstate, I glanced over to see that we were merging with a '66 Electra 225 convertible. This one appeared to be Bamboo Cream with a white convertible roof, and I was pleased to see that every bulb in the wall-to-wall taillamps was operating perfectly. My headlights shone on the car's new mufflers and stock-appearing dual exhaust system. As I followed it for some distance, I thought to myself that it was the very picture of 1960's-era automotive class. Cars like this make me proud to be a Buick guy!<P>We pulled off the Interstate at the Northgate exit, and headed west to the Scandinavian enclave of Ballard. The next surprise was a solid black 1963 Wildcat 4-door hardtop making a left turn.<P>The evening was a car-watching success, and the party wasn't bad either. It's always great to see that the old Buicks are still out there, pounding the blacktop of America.<P>One other note: I drove my '71 Centurion to a Hallmark store on Saturday. When I returned to the car, a woman was waiting for me. She had once owned a Centurion, and told me that she refused to drive anything but a Buick. When I asked her about her current daily driver, she shared that it's a 1962 Buick Special V6 sedan. I was delighted to share with her that her car had been "Motor Trend" Car of the Year for '62. I think we've got a new recruit for the BCA!<P>Brian Laurance, BCA #5168<BR>1959 Electra<BR>1971 Centurion<BR>1989 LeSabre

I took my wife out to dinner last night and we took the Buick 47 Super. It always cracks me up when you go to valet parking and none of them can drive it.<BR>It was cool and clear and the Buick ran fine as always. After dinner and church we drove around looking at Christmas lights.<P>1959 Enthusist, I may have just what you are looking for. I know of 2 1959 Buicks for sale over here at a resonable price.<BR>bstoneberg@ev1.net

Kind of strange that the old Buicks don't come out in Hotlanta; there are fairly active BCA and GSCA chapters there plus the Olds, Pontiac and Caddy clubs. They used to do a really nice BOP show there every spring which I haven't been able to attend the last few years because it conflicts with Spring Carlisle.<P>Road-going Buick sightings here today- 1968 Electra pillared sedan, 1966 Lesabre 4DHT, and a 1962 or 63 Special 4D sedan. One Ford deuce street rod and my 1976 Olds Regency. It was beautiful here today- where were the old cars?! confused.gif" border="0