Who's The BEST?

Guest herkamer

Guest herkamer

I am replacing all door & trunk gaskets, vent window gaskets, rubber bumpers etc.--everything (complete restoration). Whos the best--price? quality? dependability? etc. I have books from Steele, Buick World, CARS, & Bob's--but I would like to hear from those of you who have had the real experiences.

Thanks, Carl

Guest my3buicks

I only call Steele anymore. To many times over the years from everything from my 53 to 69 I have ordered from anyone other than steel and not been pleased. That's not to say some of the ones listed don;t have excellent items, I have just found that Steele has always been right and of good quality. Of the list I am probably least pleased with reproduction items from CARS. One piece that comes to mind was a gasket for under the trunk emblem on my 53. I ordered it from cars and you had to stretch and pull just to get it to fit, it didn't have the proper lip on the outer edge, I called Steele the piece came and was perfect in every detail. This is just an example of my experiences.

Neither Steele or Metro are best are across the board. On my 55,s Steele has the best mounting pads whereas Metro has the best windshield gasket and trunk weatherstip. If a part is "just ain't right" order one from the other supplier and it will usually fit better.

Willie