70 Electra convertible R.I.P.

Guest 70 Electra

I saw that one earlier today and told my wife I wanted to buy it (as a joke)...she was not amused...anyway, I got a big kick out of the paint job they did on it with the murals and all...kinda dumb ass looking interior job, especially the dash. I would aks what they were thinking but I know being in SoCal and seeing who *really* pays attention to my electra out here and the questions they ask...I refer them all back to the Chevy's :-)

Quote"

New Motor With Approx. 3,000 Miles On It

Full Custom Painted Engine And Engine Compartment

Over $4 Thousand Dollars Invested On New Motor"

Oh wait, that's the trunk and some speakers, not a Corvair motor with dual one barrels.

I'll bet that it sells as quick as they are asking somewhere in California!!!!!! It's even been lowered to look even "cooler!" My favorite has to be the nude mural. I'd say it was an expensive repaint and interior job. Makes you not want to sit on a leather seat again....I think you'd disappear in those!

Well, I'm done cringing.

Dont laugh at Jesus' (pronounced Jes Zoos) car. He spent a lot of time and effort making that Buick exactly what he wanted. He started with a old car that he bought for 600 bucks that was headed to the crusher.

If we spent as much time doing restoration as he spent modifing his car, we would all have 400 pointers.

Even if you dont like this kind of car, you have to admire the engineering, fabrication and quality of his work. He did 95 % of the work himself.

This is the kind of Buick that draws people to shows so they look at other cars. This is what the modified division is all about. And believe me when he bounces the front end 3 feet of the ground, people look.

Sorry if I came across gruff, I just know the car and former owner. BTW, he sold this to help finance his next semester at University of Texas.

Guest imported_SKYSTHELIMIT

As far as I'm concerned, if you want to do this to a car the more power to ya! <span style="font-weight: bold">BUT</span> to do something like this to a car that is worth restoring or worse yet a car that has been restored or the worst of all a car thats never been touch since it rolled of the line and is still in perfect shape including the paint is an absolute sin.

Just my little ol opinion.