The Reatta Looks Like a Fish

DTakas

Look at the front end of an Edsel and tell us what you think <span style="font-style: italic">it</span> looks like.... (And let's not get into sensory anologies, i.e, "looks like..." "oughta smell like..." etc..)

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span> crazy.gif

DTakas,

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I find it strange that the look of a fish is perceived as a complimentary way of saying you like something. BUT, it is fine that you shared this with us. It makes for "interesting" discussions.

Steve

Top 10 Things "I" Think a Reatta Looks Like.

1)Door Stop

2)Shoe Horn

3)VCR Remote

4)Mouse Trap

5)Ice Scraper

6)Sliding Board

7)Motorcycle Ramp

8)Giant Robots Foot

9)George Foreman Grill

10)A "REATTA" that's what it is...

PS: I said "mine" looked like a Cat, Not ALF wink.gif

DTakas...I think the pictures you provided make the Reatta look great. Now you have me thinking. The setup in the pictures really makes the Reatta look more like I think it should look. It is not an elaborate change, but enough to make it look more modern and more in the European designs I think Buick really wanted. If you find any more info on making the changes possible please let me know...Thanks...Gordon

Guest tempest68

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess no one around here is old enough to remember what the Edsel grille looked like. Actress Terry Moore put fur around hers....

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF </span> shocked.gif </div></div>

Sorry, not old enough to have seen them new. Only ever saw pictures of them, or one that I saw in a scrap yard. How come Edsel's dont have a nifty forum like this one?

Fish, huh. I never looked at it that way; such a beautiful car. But you're right; a catfish. Without the whiskers. Now I'll never be able to not think of the front end of a Reatta without thinking fish. Thanks for ruining my day.

Actually I'm now gravitating to look at the Edsel female phallic front end as a diversion.

Guest imported_Flash

Actually I recall not being very impressed with the Reatta's front end, back when they first arrived. I felt it was too much like the Skyhawk and not worthy of the 30 grand pricetag. However, at the Craft Centre, during production in '88, I was able to see the body without any glass, paint etc, and from the side, it looked remarkably like a '65 vette. The hind end, I always thought was its best feature, and reminded me of one the space ships in the original Star Wars. I believe the one that Hans Solo and Wookie traveled in, with the thick rounded backside, all lit up with thrusters.

As for a fish? Well it never struck me that way before.

The Millenium Falcon wink.gif

Which was based on Harrisons'/Falfas' `55 Chevy in "American Graffiti"

But, Your Right. It looks more like a Reatta.

I noticed that too smirk.gif

When mine acts up, I also say and I

"It's Not My Fault!"

It's so ironic that you mentioned that...

As One's just as "Quirky" as the Other. crazy.gif

But, Both allways seem to get by in a Pinch!

"What do you mean there's no HyperDrive!" confused.gif