Trailer Hitch

I am looking for any information on putting a trailer hitch on my 1990 Reatta Cont. Going to be pulling a small trailer only about 300 lb total weight.

I have not fould any trailer kits for the Reatte at any of the suppliers I have checked with. Any Ideas.

Thank you for any help

Fast Draw,,,,,

Welcome to the finest group / forum on the net. Much discussion on trailer hitches. I pull my small trailer several times a month on the back of my coupe....utilized as a pick up without the cost. Use the search function in the menu bar, choose the REATTA discussion, type in "trailer hitch" in the subject line, pick "all" for the date range and scroll to the 04 10 03 post started by McCrispin but listed under my name.

If you do put a hitch on the back, as Don mentioned, you would need to remove or cut the black panel under the colored bumper cover. I have several Reatta parts cars and have this panel for you to cut or keep for later if you ever remove the hitch. I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

My mind slips on names very often, but are you the person I met at the Dairy Queen somewhere in KS a couple of years ago?

Jim

I hit the post button and as soon as I did your name clicked another memory, You were on your way home from a gun show in Colorado.

Only 300lb cap? my 4cyl chev has pulled a lot more than that, My 92 Pont Bonniville with the 3.8L has hauled another car 4200lbs 450 miles with no problems just dont us the overdrive, its even hauled a 16foot house trailer from Toronto to Hershey Pa last oct and back without a problem.

Interesting. Wonder if that is because the load leveling was not a Reatta option and 100 lbs (10% of trailer weight) was the max you could put on the rear bumper without upsetting things.

Have noticed a number of GM vehicles of the period that have oddball weight restrictions that do not follow normal trailer weight classes (which made hitches hard to find (mfr might be liable for putting a class II (3500 lbs) hitch on a vehicle like the GM minivans that was only rated for 3000 lbs.