[polltitle=WHERE DO YOU SELL YOUR PARTS - EBAY OR ON THE FORUM?

I've been wondering and talking to others on and off the group and discussing the selling of "surplus" vintage parts; since we can't agree, and we generally confused, I'd like to poll you all that sell and or have sold VINTAGE parts and accessories.

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*] [pollstart][color:\\"blue\\"] WHERE DO YOU GENERALLY PREFER TO LIST YOUR ITEMS FOR SALE? EBAY or ON THE FORUM BB?

and

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*][color:\\"red\\"] WHERE DO YOU GET THE BEST RESULTS AND LEAST HEADACHES? [pollstop]

now please - i ask you to be patient - i never did this {poll} before so i dont know how it going to work! confused.gifblush.giftongue.gifconfused.gif

{also notices to pete, the links on faq does not seem to work! - now i ain't complaining - jus testifying!!}

cool.gif

Guest imported_49plymouthclubcoupe

My experience in selling parts is limited so far to eBay. I've had good success but haven't sold a lot of parts. Just extras and some of the parts that I've found upgraded copies of. I just more familar with eBay at the moment. Not opposed to using the forums here. I think coverage may be wider on eBay for the casual fixer-upper.

shocked.gif

Guest imported_56BuickSuper

I have parts now that I think someone is looking for someplace. I listed them on the forum for a week. After getting no response. I listed them on eBay yesterday. They do not have a bid yet, but the auction has been viewed 20 times so far.

Dan

Actually, both. I've had some success on eBay, but you have to sell what will sell there or it does cost you as to the listing fee. Bottom line is that you have to be willing to gamble that whatever you list will sell. The forums , here and elsewhere, are nice because you get exposure for your items for no cost, if that is a concern to you. Funny thing is that there are a lot of people who don't know that forums like this one exist. I actually found this by chance myself looking into AACA membership info. Whether you have a business or just want to move some stuff collecting dust in the garage, the more exposure, the better odds it will go to someone that can really use it.

EBAY!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif I can't say enough good things about it! I buy and sell on it. I wouldn't have been able to find all the 1937 Harley parts I have now without it. I've also meet some great people through eBay deals. There is something very cool about listing something at two in the morning and seeing a bid fifteen minutes later from someone in Australa! I have listed things on the Forum, can't remember if they sold. I've been happy with the items I bought from Forum members. I don't think it is proper for someone to use the Forum to direct people to their own eBay auctions,however if someone posts a WANTED add on the Forum and I remember seeing it on an eBay auction then that is a fair and helpful thing to do.

Guest 57 pontiac

I have not used E Bay to sell but my son has had some luck with motorcycle parts. I do check E Bay for some guide as how much to ask for some parts or some other collectable items regarding to cars and such. When buying I would rather be face to face with the item and seller. I enjoy selling and meeting and talking to people so I guess I'm a flea market seller. By the way, does that 444 relate to PV444 ?

I sell & buy a lot of JUNQUE on e-bay. Works very good for me. Have posted WANTED ads on the forum with no results. I do look at what is listed on the Forum , on the odd chance that something I need or just want, has been listed.

I think you will reach a bigger audience on E-Bay. Just my 2 cents!!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Guest Skyking

Ebay is the best thing that ever happened. Nothing more fustrating than going to swap meets & seeing the same junk with high prices not moving. Sometimes I list multiple items within minutes from each other and see the item number jump by 4 or 5000. That's alot of traffic! I bought most of my car parts from there. I also sold non-auto related items on ebay. If you want the exposure, that's the place to advertise.

I have sold both on E-Bay and on the forum. I just sell a few items a year. When i had a 58 Olds here I was tired of looking at put it on the forum because of the rather high commission e-bay charges for vehicles. I ame usually astounded by the prices I get on e-bay and have never had a problem selling parts. Sold one murdersikle on E-bay...Pain in th e A**. first two buyers were flacks....I guess if something sells for more than $100 or so there are clowns out there that like to screw things up for the "average joe"

overall E-bay is the way to go if the part is shippable.

Bill