For Sale: 1963 Ford Fairlane 500 4dr Sedan, 6-cyl. 3-speed manual - Project - $3,000 - Kennewick, WA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1963 Ford Fairlane 500 4dr Sedan, 6-cyl. 3-speed manual - Project - $3,000 - Kennewick, WA

1963 ford fairlane 500 for sale by owner - Kennewick, WA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Cool classic 1963 Ford Fairlane 500 sedan, unrestored original survivor, has inline 6cly with 3spd on the column. 126k original miles, same family owned since new. Fires up and runs well but currently doesn't have any brakes. Needs work on the brakes, no brake pedal pressure, 100% original cond. Has some new parts like battery and fuel pump. Not many of these still floating around. Needs a little love before its ready to cruise. Has good clean Washington title and keys. $3000. If interested.
Contact: Call or Text (509) 4-sixty-3-5-9-two. Chat available through "Reply" button on listing.
Copy and paste in your email: 98d480ff0dcf34ed9de5e3eacf571b76@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1963 Ford Fairlane 500 4dr Sedan, 6-cyl. 3-speed manual - Project.

'63 Ford Fairlane 500 WA a.jpg

'63 Ford Fairlane 500 WA b.jpg

'63 Ford Fairlane 500 WA c.jpg

'63 Ford Fairlane 500 WA d.jpg

'63 Ford Fairlane 500 WA e.jpg

'63 Ford Fairlane 500 WA f.jpg

'63 Ford Fairlane 500 WA g.jpg

'63 Ford Fairlane 500 WA h.jpg

'63 Ford Fairlane 500 WA i.jpg

'63 Ford Fairlane 500 WA j.jpg

'63 Ford Fairlane 500 WA k.jpg

This is just the type of car I'd want a new driver to have. A couple of wheel cylinders, some appropriately colored duct tape to repair the seats and you'd be in business. Of course, their mother wouldn't think it was safe (no airbags or automatic braking).

Probably just as well my kids are almost 50 and the grand kids are all in their 20's so no new drivers for quite a while. 

30 minutes ago, Leif in Calif said:

This is just the type of car I'd want a new driver to have. A couple of wheel cylinders, some appropriately colored duct tape to repair the seats and you'd be in business. Of course, their mother wouldn't think it was safe (no airbags or automatic braking).

Probably just as well my kids are almost 50 and the grand kids are all in their 20's so no new drivers for quite a while. 

Never, never use duct tape for upholstery! It becomes a sticky mess. Better off with a cheap cover.

This Fairlane could be a daily with a little work.

• Like 1

Yes, NEVER do that. It makes a mess not even an upholsterer can fix. I've seen so many interiors ruined I've lost count. In many cases what was a minor problem like we see here becomes far more expensive. The entire seat must be redone from scratch to get rid of the glue that is getting all over clothes. It doesn't wash out. If a car is of fairly low value, you have probably totaled it.

That ripped insert could be fairly easily replaced right now before it gets any worse. The damage shown indicates the cloth below the insert has probably failed. If so, no patch applied from the top can possibly hold.

• Like 1