wood rear top bow beyond repair

Good evening all,

The  wood top bow on my 39 Buick convertible is beyond repair (falling trees will do that) and it's so badly damaged I have doubts it can be used as a pattern. Somebody out there must have had a replacement made for their car. I'm nearly positive 1939-1940 Buick, la Salle and Cadillac  used the same wood rear top bow with minor modifications.I have a beautiful 1940 Super top bow but it's not close enough to be used on my car. Hopefully a shop somewhere has a buck or a pattern to make this type of bow. The bow is for a 1939 Buick convertible coupe.

Any help would be appreciated                                                                                                  

Leif

I am a seasoned woodworker, furniture builder, cabinet maker. You may think that your current bow is damaged beyond but someone that knows what they are doing can more than likely use what you have as a pattern. If you werent across the country I would be more than glad to help out.

• Like 4

On 9/10/2024 at 7:02 AM, Restorer32 said:

We can steam bend and shape you a new bow using yours as a pattern even if it is deteriorated beyond use.

Their shop has made beautiful, steam bent bows for a few of my restorations. Timely turnaround too. 

• Like 1