For Sale: 1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 4dr Sedan, 21,658 original miles - $14,750 - Carbondale, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 4dr Sedan, 21,658 original miles - $14,750 - Carbondale, CO

1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 for sale by owner - Carbondale, CO - craigslist
Seller's Description:

This 1963 Oldsmobile is in perfect shape with only 21,658 original miles on it and is waiting to find its new home. It has a 394 Rocket V-8 engine and runs beautifully. Starts every time, drives true and straight. It's a great cruiser! The price has been dropped substantially so you can take this beauty home.
Copy and paste in your email: 985e5c41562135e8a5a55967bbd6623c@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 4dr Sedan, 21,658 original miles.

'63 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 CO a.jpg

'63 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 CO b.jpg

'63 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 CO c.jpg

'63 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 CO d.jpg

'63 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 CO e.jpg

Sheffield Mist wouldn't be my first color choice for one of these but the car wears it well. It has the Deluxe exterior and interior trim which is nice, and the brightwork keeps the silver car from looking faded out or cheap.

If you really wanted to dress it up and didn't mind the aggravation of removing and installing them, I think these would work nicely with the color.

1963-63-Oldsmobile-Olds-88-98-Deluxe-Hubcap.webp

As always rear bumper condition is key with any 1960s Oldsmobile. Engine pictures would be nice too.

Money's probably about right as you couldn't restore one to this level for asking price. Not as in demand as comparable Impala sedan but a higher level car overall.

Verdict? Needs a 60s Oldsmobile enthusiast to love it!

47 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Sheffield Mist wouldn't be my first color choice for one of these but the car wears it well.

I wonder whether the early 1960's was full

of drab colors, much like today.  Looking at

paint chip choices of 15 colors, I often see

light shades that lack verve.  And cars for sale

have a high percentage of white, putty color,

and shades like this Oldsmobile.

Would anyone with memories of that time

give his recollections?

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Would anyone with memories of that time

give his recollections?

I wuz dere at that time, and my conjecture is that the bland colors were a reaction to (against?) the vivid colors and triple-color combinations of the mid- to late 1950s.  Monochromatic hues were back.  I absolutely loved the dark metallic gray on the early Grand Prix, though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The difference between bland neutral colors in 60s vs bland neutral colors now is that most 60s cars had enough brightwork to keep the bland neutral colors from looking so bland and neutral. Even white or beige looks nicer when it has whitewalls, tasteful bright accents and an interior that complements and contrasts the exterior.

Even though I'd go for a YOM plate, the perfect personalized license plate for this is "DRTDNCG".

The "Dirty Dancing" Oldsmobile was a 1963 Dynamic 88 sedan in Barktone- a deep metallic brown with gray undertones. Properly buffed and in sunlight it's a striking color but people weren't into brown in the 60s. 

• Like 1

The 1960's monochromatic color treatments were a reaction to the overwrought, brash two- and three-color combinations stylish in the 1950's, just as were the general cleaning up of wild sculpting and lavish chrome embellishments to now characterize a Jet-Age Modern ethic.  Judicious applications of bright trim such as this Oldsmobile accent the broad, clean surface development. 

• Like 2