For Sale: 1964 Chrysler Newport 2dr Hardtop - Project - $5,000 - Lakewood, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1964 Chrysler Newport 2dr Hardtop - Project - $5,000 - Lakewood, CO

1964 Chrysler Newport for sale by owner - Denver, CO - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Beautiful original 1964 Chrysler Newport 2dr hardtop. Decent car all original straight and nearly perfect stainless moldings. odometer: 100,000.
Copy and paste in your email: 06c26e3abd113fae9ada202c1a8ee958@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1964 Chrysler Newport 2dr Hardtop - Project.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 10,579 1964 Chrysler Newport 2dr Hardtops built.

'64 Chrysler Newport 2dr CO a.jpg

'64 Chrysler Newport 2dr CO b.jpg

'64 Chrysler Newport 2dr CO c.jpg

'64 Chrysler Newport 2dr CO d.jpg

'64 Chrysler Newport 2dr CO e.jpg

'64 Chrysler Newport 2dr CO f.jpg

'64 Chrysler Newport 2dr CO g.jpg

'64 Chrysler Newport 2dr CO h.jpg

'64 Chrysler Newport 2dr CO i.jpg

'64 Chrysler Newport 2dr CO j.jpg

'64 Chrysler Newport 2dr CO k.jpg

'64 Chrysler Newport 2dr CO l.jpg

'64 Chrysler Newport 2dr CO m.jpg

• Like 1

This has a round steering wheel, didn’t the Newport have the rectangle wheel? Or was that an option. My son has a 64 with the rectangle steering wheel and a chrome strip across the roof with a different color paint on the front of the roof. 

Beautiful? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and condition-wise I just don't see it here. Near perfect stainless moldings, so what? Pics show no battery and a dusty engine compartment.........been sitting awhile, running or not running? Trunk interior not impressive at all. This base model is not $5K worth, a non-letter series 300 or New Yorker coupe might be a better choice for a fix-up. More like a $1200 very ambitious project and that's if the right guy comes along. And that shot of the rusty left rear wheelwell in the CL ad.......Ouch!  Exactly how rusty is this thing?

• Like 1