Photo Gallery Special Eastern Fall Meet - INDOOR Show Aug 22-24 Hampton VA

My wife and I had the opportunity to go. The Host Region,  HV Peninsula Region,  did a fantastic job. It was very well organized, parking was great, the food at the awards banquet was excellent. The best part was we met so many wonderful people at the show. 

• Like 3

Awesome weekend! Hats off to HVPR for a big success.  

A bit more about this great event and a few more photos I managed to take -

Got to mention some of the other activities that helped make this event great - on Thursday there were special docent guided tours of the Virginia Air and Space Museum.  A wonderful facility filled to the brim with air and space related artifacts including an Apollo space capsule.  That evening, we enjoyed a great pizza party at the host hotel-right next door to the Hampton Convention Center where Saturday's show would take place.

On Friday judging schools and a members round-table were on the agenda.  Time was allowed to bring cars into the convention center in advance of the Saturday show.  I was assigned to help cars enter through the ramps in the rear of the show area.  It was one of the best jobs ever getting to see some of the show cars in motion and greeting the proud owners as they arrived.   That evening we were treated to a wonderful boat ride into the Chesapeake Bay where we had the chance to see the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel from the water side without being stuck in traffic.  From a distance we could also see the Navy Base.  Sunset onboard was awesome.  I managed to get a photo of some of our Tidewater Region AACA members enjoying the chance to socialize after a great buffet dinner.

The well-staffed hospitality room in the convention center was filled with AACA merchandise for sale and an amazing display of gift baskets coordinated by Marty Sugermeyer.  These were not your usual wine and cheese baskets either.  They were unique, being made with antique car related items including model cars, books, and other automobilia.  They proved very popular!   There was also a display of vintage clothing and accessories, all available for purchase by those who like to dress in period attire.

Just can't say enough good things about this event and the HVPR members who put it all together.

Terry

Air and Space Mseum.jpg

Aollo.jpg

Hampton from the rooftop.jpg

Tidewateer Region members.jpg

Gift basket.jpg

Another gift basket.jpg

Richard Hall driving his 1935 Packard into the Convention Center.jpg

Sue driving our MG into the Cionvention Center.jpg

Pope side view.jpg

Pope.jpg

Holesman high wheeler.jpg