I picked this intriguing piece of automotive history up at an antique show today. It is a genuine leather 3-ring binder branded with Oldsmobile. It appears to be from the late 1910s or 1920s, although I am not sure. My guess is that it was used by salesmen in an Olds dealership to showcase models and options. If anybody has more information about these I'd love to learn more about it! 

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-18 at 19.18.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-18 at 19.18.11.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-18 at 19.18.10 (1).jpeg

• Like 1

Great item!  Most likely held dealer information about the models and options for a particular year of Oldsmobile.  I had a similar item for Dodge trucks and like yours it was missing the insides.  I think yours might be later than the dates you list because I don’t think three ring binders were available in that time frame.  Hopefully some Olds experts will know more about the item.

1 hour ago, TerryB said:

Great item!  Most likely held dealer information about the models and options for a particular year of Oldsmobile.  I had a similar item for Dodge trucks and like yours it was missing the insides.  I think yours might be later than the dates you list because I don’t think three ring binders were available in that time frame.  Hopefully some Olds experts will know more about the item.

Older than you think. The Patent for 2 and 3 ring binders was filed in 1854.

Terry

• Like 2