1962 Mercedes Benz 190 SL, not mine.

I bought a '57 model year around 1995sh. 300sl's were million dollar cars and I thought its only a matter of time before these become valuable. I traded a car worth about 7k for it, the guy had a $8500. asking price. I had to sell it after a couple of years to pay some bills I got 10k for it. So, I made a couple of thousand on a 2 year investment which was a good thing, but had I been able to hold onto it for another 30 years.............

Yes, they are very underwhelming. I like the looks but the performance on my lawn mower is better! Having owned one I would say they are way overpriced for what they are. They became the 'flavor of the moment' a few years ago when one sold for well over 100k. Then all of the sudden all of those people that bought them for 30k or less rightfully saw a huge dividend on their investment and they were popping up everywhere. Like all 'hot sellers' I think the market has cooled off a bit on all but the nicest ones.

Apparently off the road for a while, and they must have lost the keys...why else would they take pictures of the interior through a dirty windshield.

I think these are priced pretty much like a 356 Porsche, which means this is "in the ball part" and at the same time a lot more than it's worth, at least to me.   

• Like 1