F/S restored 1906 Maxwell in Indiana. $28,000. See photos. Posting for a friend. Zip file of photos from him or me.

Hi Guys. My turn to post a not mine car for an acquaintance and its east of the Mississippi River! Rare and nice complete running 1906 Maxwell. Two cylinder 4.5 inch bore motor. Older ground up restoration. Owned at one time by collector Tim Bowers and his father before that. Toured on many one and two cylinder tours. Has added starter for cranking. Serial number 6913 on engine matches Indiana title. Stored in Nappanee, Indiana, 45 minutes from South Bend. The owners name is Matt. He can be reached at 574 536 2772.  His email is hspresgroup@gmail.com  He is asking $28,000 for the car, or $30,000 with the two extra newly cast 4.5 inch bore Maxwell cylinder heads. Cylinder heads sold separately for $2,500. I have not seen the car personally and Matt and I are merely acquaintances. Thus all questions go to him, NOT me. I have send him a Google Drive zip file that you can request from Matt with lots of photos in the Google Drive document. You may have to downlead the Google drive document to your computer for it to open. Good luck! Sincerely George Albright Ocala, Florida. 

20240623_123228.jpg

Very fun to see...I'm just reading a book about the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. Automobiles came to be seen as useful (in stead of toys) because they didn't go crazy and run off.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

These are popular for the One and Two Cylinder HCCA/VMCCA tours today. A Maxwell has a good, two-cylinder engine, a shaft drive, (not a chain drive) and is a light-weight car. Maxwell was a well-built car and was quite successful. Maxwell built the two-cylinder cars from about 1905 to 1912.                      The price is reasonable, and it will certainly be enjoyed and used by the next owner. 

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...