1929 Buick Series 116 Model 29-26 Cracked Head

Temme

I recently purchased a 1929 Buick Business Coupe when going through the vehicle I discovered that the car has a badly cracked head that has been welded and still leaking antifreeze. So I am in need for a used head for this Buick any information would be appreciated. I'm attaching a photo of my 1929 Buick I want to keep it original if possible, it is to pretty of a car to give up on.

1929 Buick.jpg

• Like 1

Where are you Located, check out the 29 club . When I get home later I’ll check the newsletter and see if anyone is selling spare motors 

I live west of St.Louis. Good News one of the contacts Mr. McLaughlin gave me called today and told me he has the head I need for my Buick.  Thanks so much for your response.

• Like 1

Oh I’m glad ! That’s good news to keep the beautiful car running . I also have a 29 , I want a coupe next 

When you get a chance post more of your car I would love to see more pics 

• Like 2

I was asked to post some more photos of my 1929 Buick Business Coupe Series 116 Model 29-26.

Purchased this car last fall was hoping to have some fun this summer going to some car shows but as nice as it looks I found some maintenance issues that needs to be fixed first. Maybe this fall or next year for sure. 

Thanks for all the help!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

1929 Buick.jpg

• Like 9

Nice car. Do a valve job and guides on the replacement head before you pull your old one off. Have a gasket kit handy also. Don’t knurl the guides…..it will smoke. Best of luck.

Tom Beautiful four door sedan! 

Edinmass thanks for the information I will follow your advice. First time I've ever replace a head on a vehicle before, plan on taking my time and learn in the process.

Thanks everyone for the help!!!

If you need any additional help, send me a PM with your phone number and I’ll give you a call and can walk you through it

It’s really a simple head to do

The worst thing is picking it up over the fender

I’m a big fan of finding a different head and rebuilding it so you can swap the head in one day it’s very easy to do

• Like 4