Custom Valve Spring purchase

I have run out of luck finding a set of valve springs to fit our 1914 Chandler Light Weight Six. So it looks like I will have to get them made. Once the set up of the machine is done the cost and time to run more springs is not that great. So I am reaching out to you to see if anyone is interested in a set of springs. Here are the dimensions of the springs I plan to have made:

• Unsprung height= 4 3/4"
  • OD= 1 5/16"
  • ID= 1 1/16"
  • Wire diamater= 1/8"
  • Number of coils= 13

If these dimensions are correct for your car please let me know if you are interested in going in on a buy. If you have the ability to make these springs and are able to do a limited run please chime in as I am looking for additional quotes as well.

• Like 1

Well I have possibly found a spring in stock at Lee Spring (incredible online catalog) it is very similar to the dimensions of my original springs. I have ordered a few samples to be sure.  If these work I plan to order 50 to cut the cost per spring down to under $10. I'll keep you posted.

On 5/20/2024 at 7:19 PM, 29 Chandler said:

Well I have possibly found a spring in stock at Lee Spring (incredible online catalog) it is very similar to the dimensions of my original springs. I have ordered a few samples to be sure.  If these work I plan to order 50 to cut the cost per spring down to under $10. I'll keep you posted.

The spring they had in stock was 1/4" longer and a slightly larger wire diameter. This results in spring pressure in the valve closed position of about 80 lbs. Too high for my application. So without any further options at my disposal it looks like I'll be placing an order for custom springs. I'll be doing a bulk order of springs so if my spring measurements meet your needs let me know if you would like to join our bulk purchase.