Has anyone purchased a muffler for a 1934 Plymouth lately?

Bruce W

I am wanting to replace the muffler on my 1934 Plymouth PE Coupe. Does anyone have a recommendation for a stock muffler using a stock exhaust system. I think the original may have been round and must have been very short to fit where it goes. Approximately 14" in length. If you have bought one recently, a source would be appreciated. I have the front and rear tail pipe. Thank you. 

Go on the Walker muffler site. they have all the sizes and pictures.  You can order a Walker or... NAPA is the same number. 

• Like 1

I ended up reinstalling the muffler I had. After removing it I found it wasn't as bad as I thought, so I cleaned it up and painted it. It will be ok for now. At the Walker site, the round type of muffler with 1.5 connections was a straight through design much like you would find on a tractor. I thought this might be a little loud for my ear. I can get an original design muffler at Waldron's Antique Exhaust, but the wait time is 8 to 10 weeks. This started as a project to replace an improperly bent tail pipe that rubbed on the lever shock. With the installation of a new tail pipe, all is well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would recommend Waldrons because I have used them and had excellent results over the years.  I have only used them for old Buicks but know they make other exhaust parts.  I buy their stainless exhausts one time and figure they will outlast me.   It’s worth the wait and price.