For Sale: 1963 Ford Thunderbird Hardtop - $12,900 - Lock Haven, PA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1963 Ford Thunderbird Hardtop - $12,900 - Lock Haven, PA

1963 ford thunderbird coupe for sale by owner - Castanea, PA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

THIS IS A BARGAIN, DON'T NEED THE CAR BUT IT HAS A LOT OF POTENTIAL-RUNS AND DRIVES, CLEAN AND NO RUST-THE UNDERCARIAGE IS CLEAN AND SOLID.1963 Ford Thunderbird Coupe-very nice project to be done, car is very solid and runs great. This is a 2-door coupe body type with a Corinthian white Exterior. It has a automatic transmission, an AM radio, power brakes, steering, crank window lifts, plus Fords innovative Tilt-A-Way steering column. One option that this car has is Factory A/C The Driver's Seat has been restored.
PLEASE NOTE THAT MILES ON THE TITLE SAYS ACTUAL BUT I THINK IT MAY HAVE ROLLED OVER
No Reasonable Offer will be turned away.
Contact: Please call (814) 5-7-four-eighty-9-4 with any questions.
Copy and paste in your email: 79d3629086d23f758375eee47c820e31@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1963 Ford Thunderbird Hardtop.

'63 Thunderbird PA a.jpg

'63 Thunderbird PA b.jpg

'63 Thunderbird PA c.jpg

'63 Thunderbird PA d.jpg

'63 Thunderbird PA e.jpg

'63 Thunderbird PA f.jpg

'63 Thunderbird PA g.jpg

'63 Thunderbird PA h.jpg

'63 Thunderbird PA i.jpg

'63 Thunderbird PA j.jpg

'63 Thunderbird PA k.jpg

'63 Thunderbird PA l.jpg

• Like 1

Cragars do nothing for this car. Does the AC work? No way to tell in the ad. The interior looks to be in very good shape. The reupholstered drivers seat looks in keeping with the rest of the seats. If it is rust free underneath than it would be a car worth taking a close look at.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 1

I don't think the A/C is functioning, it looks like there is no belt on the A/C compressor pulley; so the typical seller response is something like "A/C probably just needs charging in order to work." So in my thoughts there's a very potential $1500 repair, so right away that's a $1500 price reduction. Since he noted it had factory air, he should have indicated if it worked or not.

There's some rust spots on the body and the carpet is badly faded.  Also there are black floormats in the front foot wells that are not made for that car; is there an issue below the mats?  I don't like when the seller states " this is a bargain".  It's not a bargain as we have seen better birds in the same price range!  But I must say beyond the carpet the interior looks very nice!

13 hours ago, deac said:

"... and the carpet is badly faded. " 

Ford universally put cheap, crappy carpeting in all their 1960's car regardless of price level.   It faded and discolored badly, frayed, 'grinned' on edges and high spots, stained instantly, did not clean well at all.   In convertibles it was a ragged, faded mess by the time the car five-six years old if it had any sunlight exposure. 

• Like 1