65 electra

In putting my dash back together I reinstalled my courtesy light. (Did not have a bulb in it). Now the light stays on all the time no matter what switch position or doors closed.  (Maybe the switch is bad) . seems to function properly

The door switch is a simple ground switch.  Get a wrench and remove it.  Check for spring action and contact points.  Both sides plus the headlight switch.  Remember, the headlight switch has a detent when you turn the instrument panel light level to max.  Just past that detent, the dome light is activated manually.  If all of that checks out, then possibly a crimped wire somewhere?

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

• Thanks 1

thanks for the info.  However I should have been more precise on my part.  Its a 225 convertible.  Rear courtesy lites work fine and as they should.  However the courtesy lite (dash lite which has 2 wires)  stays on all the time.  It is connected thru a plastic box and the wires come out of a relay .  One wire has power. The other doesn't which leads me to believe the switch (on the lite) is inop and letting power thru all the time. 

You have a factory wiring diagram, right?

Courtesy/map lights could be in the chassis electrical section or the body section of the 1965 shop book.

I think you've discovered why there was no bulb in it.