1964 Olds Cutlass F85 convertible - CN$7,500 (Chilliwack BC) US$5,485

Posted (edited)

https://abbotsford.craigslist.org/cto/d/chilliwack-west-1964-olds-cutlass-f85/7743138299.html

1964 Olds Cutlass F85 convertible. Factory tach, factory console, power windows, power top, PS, PB. Bought this from family friends to clear their estate. Don't have a lot of history, but I know it was in their family for 40-50 years and I was told they bought it from a neighbour grandma, not sure how long she owned it. It runs really great, drives/stops, and I think pretty much everything works. It would make a great candidate for a restoration or donor car. It could use some new rubber seals around doors and trunk, shocks, and here's the kicker, it does need a new frame and likely some body work underneath. I do have a proper replacement frame that goes with the car that was sandblasted and primed. The body and paint are not perfect , but it can also be enjoyed as is, it's really fun. Power top works and the roof is pretty new. No chips in any glass. Serviced by the same mechanic for 30 years. Has a 330 engine. odometer: 103000

email - eb10f16296ca3eea972450f01c73c48a@sale.craigslist.org

00505_h78KUUGXCSx_0CI0qh_1200x900.jpg

01212_bPJDkpHe6or_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00101_75j6ec1y2KH_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00s0s_jbBuDURDpjm_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_gY1hn7zQGCc_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Edited by Reynard (see edit history)

• Reynard changed the title to 1964 Olds Cutlass F85 convertible - CN$7,500 (Chilliwack BC) US$5,485

If it's rusty enough to need a new frame you can almost guarantee the body structure is quite rusty as well. It looks decent on top, but I bet a close inspection underneath will show trouble.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 1912Staver said:

If it's rusty enough to need a new frame you can almost guarantee the body structure is quite rusty as well. It looks decent on top, but I bet a close inspection underneath will show trouble.

Will second this. Literally went through this during the week, the frame was gone, and it was infecting the floor boards and even the lower doors. It's a nice car, but it'd probably need another 20kish to make it solid.

• Like 1

Canadian cars from the 1950's and 60's are a real mine field. Most I have seen and owned are quite rusty , even here out West. Back East I can't even imagine. 

1 hour ago, 1912Staver said:

Canadian cars from the 1950's and 60's are a real mine field. Most I have seen and owned are quite rusty , even here out West. Back East I can't even imagine. 

Not only are they poorly documented, but ya, they're pretty much a lotto of "is this a rust bucket". And if they're not, the Canadian ones are usually very expensive. Especially Canadian only brands like Monarch and Meteor

I don't think that's the original 330. I don't see an EGR valve but the aircleaner and blue color suggest a 70s engine- which could be a 350, 403 or even a 260.

**Edit**

Looking closer it may be a 330 painted wrong color. Appears to have had an Edelbrock AFB installed which would have necessitated replacing the Rochester 4GC's aircleaner housing with one that fit the E-brock's larger airhorn.

If this car needs a new frame, how can it be driven and enjoyed as is, like the ads says?

Great looking car, though.