Interesting finds at local scrap yard

Yesterday went to our local pull a part.

As I went in found they have a 1985 corvette. Not wrecked or parted out. They have keys and title so will sell complete.$2500.

Others being parted were

Opal gt

Series 3 Jaguar

Triumph tr6

20240418_105243.jpg

20240418_120638.jpg

20240418_103814.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 1912Staver said:

The TR6 might be savable, but I would pass on any XJ6 showing that much rust on the rear 1/4.

Take another look at the rocker panel under the driver's door.  Between that and the big dent on the top of the fender I suspect that it's in the right spot.  But enquiring minds want to know where the yard is?  My buddy might be able to use a couple of parts off the TR6

We had a 1984 Jaguar XJ6 for several years, similar to the one above. Ours was more of a brown, the build sheet inside the car called the color "tobacco". I loved driving the car, hated to work on it (talk about a nightmare changing the water pump!). We eventually sold it when a significant repair was needed and between work problems and family issues I simply didn't have any time to get in and do the repair.

Try to restore the one above? Thank you, NO!

4 hours ago, 3macboys said:

Take another look at the rocker panel under the driver's door.  Between that and the big dent on the top of the fender I suspect that it's in the right spot.  But enquiring minds want to know where the yard is?  My buddy might be able to use a couple of parts off the TR6

A rusty Jag is a parts car. But The TR MIGHT be worth fixing. Rockers are no big deal and dent's ? That's really no big problem if the metal is sound. A person would have to have a good look and see just how deep the rust has eaten. I grew up doing rust repair on 1965 - 70 Mustangs. Brought several rare ones back from the dead. Mostly convertibles but the odd Boss and Shelby thrown in to keep things interesting. That was my day job , my hobby was  { still is } MGA's and the like. Nice  thing about TR6's is that almost everything from complete frames to pretty much every piece of sheet metal is available new. MGA's are not nearly as well supported. Way more hand fabrication to restore one. 

The hard top on the TR is aftermarket and essentially valueless.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1