For Sale: 1971 Oldsmobile Toronado, 61K miles - $8,500 - Stone Mountain, GA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1971 Oldsmobile Toronado, 61K miles - $8,500 - Stone Mountain, GA

1971 oldsmobile toronado for sale by owner - Stone Mountain, GA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1971 Oldsmobile Toronado. 61,636 original miles. Original Ga car with clean title. Runs and drives great. Here’s a list of all the new parts on the car. New alternator, Rebuilt starter. New belts. Re-cored radiator. Water pump. Thermostat. Calipers. Brake pads. Rear shoes wheel cylinder. New Rochester carb. New plugs. Gas tank has been removed cleaned and sealed. All 5 wheels have been sand blasted with new tires on them. Oil change and tune up. Located in Stone Mountain Ga asking $8500. Will deliver at buyer's expense.
Copy and paste in your email: fe0d5f77e51d36b5bca4f091e10bf9f7@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1971 Oldsmobile Toronado.

'71 Oldsmobile Toronado GA a.jpg

'71 Oldsmobile Toronado GA b.jpg

'71 Oldsmobile Toronado GA c.jpg

'71 Oldsmobile Toronado GA d.jpg

'71 Oldsmobile Toronado GA da.jpg

'71 Oldsmobile Toronado GA e.jpg

'71 Oldsmobile Toronado GA f.jpg

'71 Oldsmobile Toronado GA fa.jpg

'71 Oldsmobile Toronado GA g.jpg

'71 Oldsmobile Toronado GA h.jpg

'71 Oldsmobile Toronado GA i.jpg

'71 Oldsmobile Toronado GA j.jpg

'71 Oldsmobile Toronado GA k.jpg

• Like 1

That A/C belt has been off a while so you can count on A/C work. It appears to have Oldsmobile's Custom Air Conditioning instead of Comfortron which makes repair a little easier.

Car really doesn't look bad except that front seat. Wear is one thing but the stains make you wonder about a windshield leak, and what you'd get into fixing that. Notice this car has a "halo" style vinyl roof.

Oddly optioned too with wind-up windows, yet a 60/40 split bench seat. 

Even though the front end styling is a little "heavy" I like the 71 and 72. They still had a little bit of grace and svelte- which Toronado lost completely when the federalized bumpers appeared.

Wish I could read that dealer badge. Mitchell Motors and Ed Voyles Oldsmobile were both in business in Atlanta during the 1971 timeframe.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rocketraider said:

That A/C belt has been off a while so you can count on A/C work. It appears to have Oldsmobile's Custom Air Conditioning instead of Comfortron which makes repair a little easier.

Car really doesn't look bad except that front seat. Wear is one thing but the stains make you wonder about a windshield leak, and what you'd get into fixing that. Notice this car has a "halo" style vinyl roof.

Oddly optioned too with wind-up windows, yet a 60/40 split bench seat. 

Even though the front end styling is a little "heavy" I like the 71 and 72. They still had a little bit of grace and svelte- which Toronado lost completely when the federalized bumpers appeared.

Come on now.  It just needs a recharge!

Who took over styling for Olds in 71?  Stevie Wonder?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, alsancle said:

Who took over styling for Olds in 71?  Stevie Wonder?

A.J.:

Wayne Kady's Advance Design Studio generated many of the overall themes and detail features that eventually were 'production-ized' by the specific make studios.  Bill Mitchell, much like his mentor Harley Earl, seemed to be losing his 'touch' when it came to which designs were given the green light as the late 1960's moved into the 1970's; heavy-handed and overwrought.   Before he retired in 1978, Mitchell did redeem his design leadership reputation somewhat with the 1975 Cadillac Seville and the full-sized 1977 downsizing program.

Steve 

• Like 1