Old Dealership Building?

53646582417_3f57ed8a28_c.jpg20240411_094538 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr

53647452731_3014641899_c.jpg20240411_094543 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr

My local Napa store. I noticed the date on the top of the building today. I have no idea what the original purpose was, but it sure looks like it could have been something automobile related. Although, there are a couple of old dealer buildings in the area that I know of and they are about half this size. 

• Like 2

Buildings like that are indeed a national treasure. A friend lived on the north shore of long Island and had a service station ( car repairs no gas pumps) in Port Washington, NY. It was north of the main East/ west street a block . When he tore down an interior wall ( this was 45-50 years ago) out flutters a pile of sales folders for JORDAN automobiles! SO it was built to sell those cars. probably other makes as well at the same time as it was  a huge building with a larger service area. thanks for posting these.

• Like 2

According to the Oct. 28, 1920 edition of the Oxford Press, cement floors were laid in Frank Wilson's new auto garage building at Third and Broad streets. Frank Wilson dealt in Reo and Overland. Later he would deal in Studebaker.

• Like 3