1941 Pontiac Silver Streak - $8,200 (Surrey BC Canada) US$6043.5

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/cto/d/surrey-1941-pontiac-silver-streak/7735789096.html

A beautiful, fun car ready for summer cruises and car shows. This bone stock example of the last production run before the switch to military vehicles is in great running order and ready to drive. It’s not a freeway car, but it hums along smoothly at 60 mph. The body had a frame on restoration about 6 years ago, body and interior are 8 of 10. There is some light bubbling here and there, not visible in the photos, more to do with prep issues than rust. Everything works on this old gal, all four window go up and down easily, the door locks work, it’s a base model but has an automatic choke, inside hood release, and electric wipers. The engine is the 90 hp flat head six cylinder and starts up every time and runs smoothly. I serviced it last weekend, oil change, grease job and fluids top up.   Bert - email - 2cc6e9ad07c0352ca710a7a3c83c3ce8@sale.craigslist.org

1941 Pontiac Silver Streak 1

00B0B_4EAlE3FjMGA_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

01212_4f0EGCPI0a8_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00707_8JoIBZNp0iw_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Edited by 7th Son (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 7th Son changed the title to 1941 Pontiac Silver Streak - $8,200 (Surrey BC Canada) US$6043.5

Pretty good deal for a nice looking 2 door sedan.  Not real keene on gray and dashboard color looks out of place. But for 6043.5 USD why complain?

I wonder if it has a Chevrolet engine? I think it is a Canadian Pontiac, and I think it does. There is no engine picture, even the picture showing the driveshaft is ambiguous. There is no underhood picture. I believe 1941 was one of the two years Pontiac offered A, B, and C bodies. Even if we could nail it down as an A (Chevrolet) body, I don't think it would prove anything.

I did find a clue though. In the very last picture it appears to have a hinge where the rear axle mounts. That implies a torque tube and a Chevrolet (Canadian) drivetrain. The last American Pontiacs with torque tubes were 1936 models.

• Like 1

I agree Bloo, car is Canadian built. Has the Chevy tail lights, hood is more narrow at the front, and has different side hood trim without the Pontiac name. Fenders kind of sweep up to the hood, and are not as flat looking, and no definite side crease like the U.S. made `41 front fenders. Also no horizontal grooves in the sides of the front and rear fenders. I`ve got 4, and my brother has 2, all `41 coupes. Here is a picture of a U.S. made `41 2 dr sedan.image.jpeg.f291c329284c1b696152d90ab5a435a5.jpeg

• Like 1

I just realized that a Chevrolet drivetrain doesn't automatically mean a Chevrolet engine. The 1937 (Canadian) Pontiac 224 had one. It was a 224ci version of the Chevrolet 216 I believe. On the other hand, the 1953 (Canadian) Pontiac Pathfinder had a Chevrolet drivetrain but a flathead Pontiac engine. I wonder which engine they were using in Canadian Pontiacs in 1941?

Difficult to tell without a side by side comparison, but the US Pontiac appears to have a longer wheelbase than the Canadian version, maybe to facilitate the straight eight version.

• Like 1

Seller says is is a 90hp flat head six, think he means it is the Pontiac motor. 222cu inch?
just my two bobs worth

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 7th Son said:

Difficult to tell without a side by side comparison, but the US Pontiac appears to have a longer wheelbase than the Canadian version, maybe to facilitate the straight eight version.

That gets complicated though, because in 40 and 41 US Pontiacs came in 3 sizes. I've seen all 3 sizes of 40 parked next to each other at a Flathead Reunion a few years ago.