Old Allen Battery Charger info wanted

Just picked up this Allen T240W battery charger. I haven't been able to find anything at all about it, or for the Allen Electric Co other than they were in Minneapolis. I'm guessing the charger is from the 1960's.

Any kind of paper work would be appreciated. A schematic, I'm thinking is too much to hope for............Boballen1.jpg.cb663af64ae2cccc8ecccf7028f89845.jpg

• Thanks 2

I love it.

I have a few pieces of Allen test equipment too and I've never found much info about them either. Given that you've resurrected a few of these old garage chargers before I think you'll figure it out.

With 6 and 12v capability I'd concur on 1960s. Maybe mid to late 1950s going by its design and appearance.

Reckon the folks on Garage Journal would have any info? I need to get back over there, but it's been so long I can't remember my sign-in information. ☺️

I used to have some 1940s Allen test gear and regret selling it. They were an outfit who made generator test sets, scopes, distributor machines, etc., a competitor to Sun. In the 90s their equipment was still pretty common.

31832145_1.jpg?v=8D64A7BA10A1810

• Like 1

It works but someone,s been mucking about inside. Wire nuts and electrical tape, that sort of thing......bob

2 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I used to have some 1940s Allen test gear and regret selling it. They were an outfit who made generator test sets, scopes, distributor machines, etc., a competitor to Sun. In the 90s their equipment was still pretty common.

31832145_1.jpg?v=8D64A7BA10A1810

My 1942 speed way, built by the franklin transformer co, was also built in minneapolis. I found a set of 21 franklin factory photos the local historical society has of  chargers being bulit. Kind of neat. I wonder if any of the women workers shown actually worked on mine.

As far as allen goes i haven,t found anything yet.....bob

• Like 1