1940 Chrysler Windsor

No price given but they mention recent receipts, so may or may not be aware of typical market values. It does sound like a nice  "driver", and your wife will enjoy Pacific Grove! 

https://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/d/pacific-grove-classic-1940-chrysler/7734466139.html

Rare 1940 Chrysler Windsor 4 door sedan. Factory suicide doors in the rear. Runs and drives well. New Green and teal hounds tooth Interior, new wiring to 12v, very clean and reliable for its age. We have Too many cars. It has an older restoration. Original 3 on the tree , Flathead 6 runs strong and pulls hard up hills. Just had $7600 in mechanical (receipts) work done to get her squared away.
Great pre-war car. Reasonable offers considered. Best offer taken. More pics soon.   email:    8c5dbe83c54a3fd99e9149df7d926dd5@sale.craigslist.org

Classic 1940 Chrysler windsor 100l0l_24vddz8Ccsi_0fu08I_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

These are great cars, as has been said many times on this forum.  It's odd that they don't have an asking price, just the amount supposedly spent on recent work, which is kind of a tease.  They say more photos will be posted.  I'm curious to see how good (or bad) the "new Green and teal houndstooth interior is."  Doesn't sound like it's correct.  The condition of the dash plastic could be a deal maker or breaker on this car.  It can be beautiful if it's in good condition, but can be a total mess if melted or cracked (and no good reproductions are available as far as I know).  Also, conversion to 12 volt is kind of a red flag.  If I lived a bit closer to Pacific Grove I would go look at it just out of curiosity.

• Like 2

Lack of price is a big turn off as far as I'm concerned. Makes me think they know they are asking too much and are hoping they can convince you otherwise when you call. 

Nice looking car and it would be nice to see the interior and under the hood. 

Hi. We've posted more photos on Craigslist. She's my first antique car(my husband's had many) and I feel guilty for letting her go. But it's time to move on, and the manual tranny is not very conducive to my terrible arthritis in my thumbs. Ask any questions you may have! 

Pretty cool car. I like it! But we've seen many mopars here for very reasonable prices. So I think this one should fall somewhere in the low to mid-teens. But it's a great car for someone to affordably get into the hobby