For Sale: 1932 Chevrolet Standard 2dr sedan - Project - $7,500 - Niagara Falls, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1932 Chevrolet Standard 2dr sedan - Project - $7,500 - Niagara Falls, NY

1932 Chevy Standard for sale by owner - Niagara Falls, NY - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Very original 1932 Chevy standard 2 dr sedan. Very solid, straight car, 6 cyl motor turns over VG but I have not started the car. Should start with little effort. Original Interior is worn but complete. All wood seems in good shape. All glass is good. Has trunks rack and trunk (not pictured). Just out of long-term storage. Rolls easy. I now have a NYS Registration/title in my name. Asking $7500 or close offer. Phone number is in the pictures. 8am to 8pm only. Emails will be deleted, Call if truly interested, leave a message and I will get back to you asap. Calls only if interested. Offers only in person. Not interested in trades. odometer: 65443

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1932 Chevrolet Standard 2dr sedan - Project.

'32 Chevy NY a.jpg

'32 Chevy NY b.jpg

'32 Chevy NY c.jpg

'32 Chevy NY d.jpg

'32 Chevy NY e.jpg

'32 Chevy NY f.jpg

'32 Chevy NY g.jpg

'32 Chevy NY h.jpg

'32 Chevy NY i.jpg

'32 Chevy NY j.jpg

'32 Chevy NY k.jpg

'32 Chevy NY l.jpg

All joking aside? (The only thing keeping that car from falling into a pile of pieces is the termites holding hands!)

The wood is really only a "problem" if the wood is actually bad. Most of the antique automobiles I have had had a lot of wood in their bodies. Only one was fully re-wooded before I bought it. A few of them I had to do a little significant repair work which really did not amount to much work. I fully re-wooded a couple model T trucks (simple bodies) and a few speedsters (not so simple?). I have had a few enclosed cars, a coupe, two four door sedans, and one two door sedan (coach) that had all their original wood intact and never had any trouble from them.

My 1915 Ford T runabout I completely re-wooded.

When considering buying one? Of course check it over carefully, especially sedans. Check all the doors for fit and alignment. Check the hinge screws to see if they look like they have been tightened too many times (some wear from being tightened may be fine?). Carefully look around all belt and top moldings and joints, look for signs of excessive rust or any looseness. Crawl under the car with a flashlight and look at the underside of the sills and flooring.

Look carefully at the upholstery. If the upholstery is the original? Look for signs of rot or mildew in the fabric. Rot or mildew in the fabric means there is likely some rot or mildew in the wood behind it!

If the upholstery was replaced? Look around the edges of the seats and doors for any signs of tacks pulling loose (a sign that the wood isn't holding onto them?)

Even if the body is a little loose? How much do you plan to drive it? Of course, any signs of looseness should be factored into the price you are willing to pay! If a car is pretty decent overall, gentle use on good roads, it may be fine for several well cared for decades. A judgement call any way one looks at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2