1951 Hudson Commodore 8 Hollywood hardtop, not mine.

This is a rare car, but there is so much work to be done (redone?) coupled with all the problems of moving a “kit” that I think the price needs to come down significantly. 

It would not bother me to jump into this project, but I am very familiar with Hudson’s, and can inventory all the parts by sight. Car has a value as a project, invested money by owner might be a loss for them? If in the market for a Hollywood project, this could be a good one to look at? You just need to make sure work done is correct, parts are there, and not damaged in the tear down of the car. Rare car? Yes, but it is not a Hornet. Same thing, just a few different emblems, and the eight cylinder engine. I would rather have the 308 six cylinder over the 254 eight.

• Like 1

I am in my 52 more than it is worth, when you figure travel expenses. I was looking for a 52 Hornet club coupe project car. Hard to find year make and model in a decent project. I would have bought a coupe that was in the middle of restoration, if everything checked out. When I was looking for my coupe, I found a few Hollywoods, 51’s and 53 coupes. Had to be a 52, have everything that I need from a parts car sedan. Just a little invested time can make a big difference in how something looks.

F129DFF2-C7F0-4BC8-8B25-FCDDF7CFDB4F.jpeg

2B29AB0E-14CE-4027-96A9-8947AB92D8DB.jpeg

• Like 2