For Sale: 1965 Plymouth Fury II 4dr Sedan, 35K miles - $10,500 - North Yarmouth, ME - Not Mine

For Sale: 1965 Plymouth Fury II 4dr Sedan, 35K miles - $10,500 - North Yarmouth, ME

1965 Plymouth Fury II for sale by owner - North Yarmouth, ME - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1965 Plymouth Fury II Four-door Sedan. The original owner purchased the car new in July 1965 from Churchill Motors in Kezar Falls. My father purchased the car from her in 1998 with 27200 miles on it. My father transferred the car to me in 2019. Currently, the odometer shows 35050. The engine is a 318 with a 2-bbl. carb.
The car is original except for a few items. According to the records, the following was done:
• Valve job 1997
• Lower ball joints 1998
• Tailpipe 1999
• Leaf springs 2001
• Alternator bearings 2002
• Battery 2006
• Tune-up (33140 miles) 2011
• New negative battery cable 2016
• R/R Radiator 2016
• Radial tires ???

This past summer I installed a rebuilt carburetor.
The car is in excellent condition, still has the original plastic covering on the rear seats, and the original mat in the trunk. I wouldn’t be surprised if the spare tire is original with all the original hardware. Also, if you recall listening to AM radio, the radio works. If you don't recall AM, try it out.
There are a few known faults: (1) the fuel gauge does not work. It was determined that the tank sending unit was the cause. A replacement sending unit will be included with the car. (2) The transmission shifter does not engage the proper gears. When indexed to “D”, the transmission is in “2” gear. Backing the shift lever back one notch puts it in to Drive. To shift from Drive to Reverse, the shift needs to be put into Park and then down into Reverse. People have said this may simply be a matter of adjustment. (3) The charging meter fluctuates when the car is running. I haven’t had it checked out yet.
If interested, please respond to this ad and I’ll reply. Please include some text in the body of the email so I know it is not an automated reply. Thanks.
Please note, I’ll edit or update this ad as needed to provide further information based on questions, to indicate when a sale is pending or, for the best part, to indicate that the car is sold.
I am very interested in selling the car and asking $10,500 or a reasonable offer.
Copy and paste in your email: 6f6aec55f060328fbadd1196eccae4b1@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1965 Plymouth Fury II 4dr Sedan.

'65 Plymouth Fury II ME a.jpg

'65 Plymouth Fury II ME b.jpg

'65 Plymouth Fury II ME c.jpg

'65 Plymouth Fury II ME d.jpg

'65 Plymouth Fury II ME e.jpg

'65 Plymouth Fury II ME f.jpg

'65 Plymouth Fury II ME g.jpg

'65 Plymouth Fury II ME h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If this car doesn't fit the "Time Capsule" title I don't know what does. Definitely the working mans car of that time and in beautiful condition. 

• Like 1