Riviera YouTube Video

Riviera63

Many of you have watched the YouTube video on the 10 best interiors where the 1963-1965 Riviera was ranked number 1. I also ran across another YouTube video done by the same person that produced that one which talks about some of the interesting facts of the 1963-1965 Riviera entitled: 1963-65 Buick Riviera: Strange Facts, Features, Quirks & Idiosyncrasies of Buick's 4-Place Coupe! I am sure that many of the things discussed are old news for those of us that are Riviera owners. Even so, it is nice to see our cars getting some recognition and discussion.

This became especially interesting for me as at the 14:17 mark of the video I had a surprise. For the next 45seconds or so while the narrator discussed the Dynaflow  transmission the picture that was on the screen was of the engine compartment of my car! It would be interesting to find out where he got that picture.

Bill

Edited by Riviera63 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Public domain for the picture. No credits for resources at the end. So it must not be part of his Master's or Doctorate thesis.

I don't think he has ever driven a Triple Turbine Dynaflow, either.

I figured out it was from a batch of pictures taken for an article on my car that was published in the February 11, 2016 issue of Old Cars Weekly. 

The editor promised he would let me know when it was going to be published and that he would get me some copies. That promise was never fulfilled. The same thing happened to a friend of mine whose car was also featured in an issue of that publication. I never knew it was even printed until Ray Knott took me to task (kiddingly) for not letting him know that my car had been featured in print. He had been sent the article by an ROA member. He sent me photos of the article. If anyone has a copy of that issue that they would part with I would appreciate it. 

Bill

Riviera Old Cars 4.jpg

Riviera Old Cars 1.jpg

Riviera Old Cars 2.jpg

Riviera Old Cars 3.jpg

Riv 12.jpg

• Like 5