41 Plymouth woody wagon - $55,000

Very nice example...When they sight show wins, I always wonder if it was the fund raising show at their church. (more pics in ad)

https://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/d/fresno-41-plymouth-woody-wagon/7728136829.html

41 Plymouth P12 special deluxe. Restored original Westpoint. Original motor, 3 speed manual with overdrive. Too much to list. Show winner first and best of show wins.

(559) 307-3760

41 Plymouth woody wagon 100l0l_kx7IHe9q7Be_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00K0K_hIR6aHdXZk4_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00000_PfjKL2I7hc_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00404_4X51oIzZpm5_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00Q0Q_hDxLolK5dT0_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

• Like 8

Nice looking woody, and I do like the three row seating in these things. Do the seat backs of the two rearward seats fold forward? Or do you have to take the whole seat out to get hauling space in the back?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JamesR said:

Do the seat backs of the two rearward seats fold forward? Or do you have to take the whole seat out to get hauling space in the back?

Nothing folds if you want space, get out the tools.  I believe that the wider rear seat can be bolted up front. 

A consistent problem with station wagons (all years and makes) is the darn spare tire. 😠

Some makes and years attached it to the tailgate.  In 1941 I believe that Plymouth bolted it to the back of the front seat on the driver’s side. 

By the fifties all steel wagons got their own floor stampings and could hide them below the rear floor.  

But during the wood construction years wagons were considered “commercial vehicles” and their specifications were found in the truck literature. To understand them, look at them like you would a pickup truck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A lot of wood in this one.  The roof rack does nothing for the look/appeal of the car.  I really like it. Hope it goes to someone who will preserve it!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1