Ok

The Chevy has been pushed into the shed under the overhead crane ready to pull to bits. I’m just not sure where to start on the bloody thing. I guess I’ll just take it all to bits down to the chassis and go from there. 

I have actually been working on a pommy javelin Jupiter of all things. It started out as 2 little bumper bonnet infills and now it’s turned into a complete prep and respray. It’s an aluminium body so pretty forgiving to get it to were it has to be. 

Also had a 26 dodge tourer come in for rear doors and it’s also now a full rebuild and paint. 🤦🏽‍♂️ Busy!!

The Chevy should be an easy enough project and parts shouldn’t be too difficult but I’m a little bias as I think at the last count there are 4 Chev 4’s that are goers in my shed and enough parts to build a couple more.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vintageben said:

The Chevy should be an easy enough project and parts shouldn’t be too difficult but I’m a little bias as I think at the last count there are 4 Chev 4’s that are goers in my shed and enough parts to build a couple more.

I’ll keep that in mind in case I need some parts. 👍

• Like 1

Its a Jowet Jupiter.  Sports car version of a Jowet Javelin [ well sort of ], made in Bradford England. Only 31 came to NZ, which included a complete new chassis [ which was homed in the street next to where I grew up in Titahi Bay ].  Mead built some bodies and I think Farina built about 4.  One Farina exists here in NZ just north of Whangarei.  My first car was a Bradford van and then I went on to own a Javelin. Did a lot of miles in that car.  One of the nicest original Jupiters is in the Southward Museum at Otaihanga.

As a mechanic, I did a lot of work on the Bradford and Javelin. Learned how to make rod brakes [ Bradford ] work really well, which helped me to understand and get the brakes on the Dodge really good.

• Like 1

Thanks Dereck I’d never heard of one until it came into the shed. 
After getting all the rear end back to bare aluminium and the guards fitted properly it has a nice shape to it. 

IMG_5521.jpeg

IMG_5509.jpeg

One of those cars won the 2 litre classis in the 1951 Mont Carlo Rally.   Not bad for a naturally asperated 1500 cc flat four eh.

Is that yours matt or just a job for you.

Hi Matt, looks like I have 3 copies of this book. Let me know your address and i will send you one. It only has black and white pic in it but shows a few of the different cars as well as history. A Javelin was severely modified for racing in Aussie [ the Wylie Javelin ], and is pictured in this book. Doesn't look anything like its parent car.

20240321_161914.jpg

Edited by cutdown
picture (see edit history)

7 hours ago, cutdown said:

One of those cars won the 2 litre classis in the 1951 Mont Carlo Rally.   Not bad for a naturally asperated 1500 cc flat four eh.

Is that yours matt or just a job for you.

Hi Matt, looks like I have 3 copies of this book. Let me know your address and i will send you one. It only has black and white pic in it but shows a few of the different cars as well as history. A Javelin was severely modified for racing in Aussie [ the Wylie Javelin ], and is pictured in this book. Doesn't look anything like its parent car.

20240321_161914.jpg

It’s just a job not mine. It started out as 2 little infills behind the bumper and now he wants me to prep the whole body and paint it. Then when that’s done he has a second one he wants done. There’s a fair bit of work in it to get it ready. 
Thanks for the offer of the book Dereck but I don’t think I’ll need it. If I need to know anything I will ask you. 😂

I’m trying to fit the guards together so they don’t need the piping.