1936 Ford Roadster, not mine.

So is the seller going to pay the buyer 25 grand to take it off his hands?  I am being sarcastic about the price as it is way too high in my opinion!  This car needs a lot of work.  Even if you paid 25,000 and put another 25,000 into it I not sure you would fully complete the restoration!

Edited by deac (see edit history)

I agree with Xander. Low production numbers and survivors. Very desirable body style. I personally slightly prefer 35's , but 36's are just as popular in the marketplace. 4 1/2 star car { out of five } Fords and other middle class and lower cars at least. By 36 I don't think there is anything but very small detail differences between a U.S. production car and one produced in Canada.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1

So this would be of intrest for anyone that wanted to preserve anything automative Canadian wise, and I'd be one of them. That being said, I'd want proof that it was made up here, because Texas is a long way, and I dont think there was much difference, if any back them as to where they were made. It's not like the Meteor and Monarchs times of the 40's and 50's. And that price for what's essentially well put together part cars? No chance. It's a Ford, not a Packard or a Lincoln

I don't think the Canadian production is significant to anyone other than a small segment of Canadian collectors. 99.9 % of the desirability and market place value is the fact it is a 1936 Roadster. Canadian or U.S. production is treated equally on a car like this. 

Probably not the rarest in actual numbers , but to most people the most desirable body style available in the early V8 years. 1932 - 1936. 

Any of the Ford roadsters from this production span have a huge following.

• Like 1