1935 coupe / sedan bumper bracket to frame install.

FINALLY got my coupe back from the paint shop this week! I'm hoping someone can post a few pictures on how the front and rear bumper irons are mounted to the frame. Pretty sure I have all the stuff I need, just not sure how it goes together. I got my car in pieces and the bumper was taken off the frame long before I came along. Thanks!! 

Hi Chris

The bumper brackets are held on by simple clamps.  The front clamps have a more pronounced curve or dome between the bolts.  The rears are pretty flat.  Looks like something that would be fairly easily made on a milling machine if you are missing the clamps.  The distance between centers of the mounting bolts looks to be close both front and rear at 2 and 3/8 inches.  Plenty more pictures available if these don’t show what you need.

There is a large rubber grommet around the rear mounting clamp.  Steele Rubber has these in their catalog part number 18-0013-29.  My Steele catalog is from 2011, so I hope they still carry these.  They don’t show a front grommet and I don’t have any on my car.

I took these photos as part of a portfolio because I’m getting ready to sell this car.  If you are missing those clamps, let me know so I can take mine off and copy them before the car disappears.

Tom

49AA7B95-C06C-449A-BD01-DCA74CB1A97F.jpeg

E6500EF1-6CFC-446B-87BE-951468B8A2CE.jpeg

2 hours ago, 37S2de said:

Hi Chris

The bumper brackets are held on by simple clamps.  The front clamps have a more pronounced curve or dome between the bolts.  The rears are pretty flat.  Looks like something that would be fairly easily made on a milling machine if you are missing the clamps.  The distance between centers of the mounting bolts looks to be close both front and rear at 2 and 3/8 inches.  Plenty more pictures available if these don’t show what you need.

There is a large rubber grommet around the rear mounting clamp.  Steele Rubber has these in their catalog part number 18-0013-29.  My Steele catalog is from 2011, so I hope they still carry these.  They don’t show a front grommet and I don’t have any on my car.

I took these photos as part of a portfolio because I’m getting ready to sell this car.  If you are missing those clamps, let me know so I can take mine off and copy them before the car disappears.

Tom

49AA7B95-C06C-449A-BD01-DCA74CB1A97F.jpeg

E6500EF1-6CFC-446B-87BE-951468B8A2CE.jpeg

Tom,

I know of another supplier of Studebaker rubber and plastic parts.

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

• Like 1

Whoops!  Sorry Rex.  I just grabbed the first catalog that came to hand at my desk.

Obviously the recommendation for purchase should be you or other dedicated Studebaker parts vendors who have helped all of us restore and keep our Studebakers on the road.

Tom